Automobilista

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DurgeDriven, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yeah like 1+ year of upgrades and adding cars/tracks without us paying anything for it and they "took a lot".
    Geez... some people....

2. gkz

gkz Registered

The updates are parts of the crowdfunding deal for gsc. There is no reason to change the name of the game and sell it for 40 dollar. What the hell has
    this to do with free cars/tracks.....

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

There were updates before the crowdfund too... I think I was clear enough :rolleyes:
    Going to Automobilista does not break the crowdfund project since everyone that onws SCE will get it for free. Were you even part of Reiza51? They gave a lot of very fair reasons to do this. And I'm happy they did, if they made an update to SCE abandoning the non Steam version and breaking a ton of mods would be far worse as it was "the same game". At least going AMS is some sort of an excuse. :p
    ISI should do the same with rF2 ;)

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Registered

As said, there were already lots of Updates before the crowdfunding as well as afterwards with SuperV8 & Lancer, Velo Citta & Montreal Modern Track, engine tweaks like Softlock and the like. Also there was a poll on the Reiza51 Dev Forum regarding this step, and more than 600 backers voted "Yes". That's more than 90% of backers who agreed to the new platform.

5. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Well, the "real" new game isn't a DX9 game. So that won't be an issue.

I think the easiest solution would be for them to just support OpenVR (HTC Vive) for GSC/Automobilsta. They did kind of box themselves into a corner, but I think if they explained it was due to ignorance, most would understand the situation. I mean, there's not really any point in support DK2 this late in the game. Supporting the next highest profile consumer VR headset would be as good as they're technically allowed to at this point. I don't think any logical person would hold them at fault if they did this. What other solution can they take? Short of abandoning VR support entirely.

6. AndyG

AndyG Registered

Prices on Australian Steam are in US$. Therefore the cost is way more for us in Australia at the moment due to the exchange rate. Had proof of this whilst buying some items in the sale this Xmas.

7. gkz

gkz Registered

They announced vr/dk 2 support for gsc if they hit the 80 % not for the "real" next game. U know they got a lot of money because of the dk 2 supporter and vr fans.... We don t talk about a game where we have 0 infos less than project cars 2 and maybe comes in few years. I would guess rfactor 3 won t dx 12 too. I setup my dk 2 for rfactor 2 perfectly got downsampling and tweak right with stable 75 fps and improved worldcale to fov with headtracking. Anyone in rfactor 2 who would play with my setup would never go back to a single monitor.

Openvr/steamvr are exact the same for htc vive and oculus software wise in terms of support. Anything u make as a developer for vive should work on oculus. But vive is more for a open room than for seated.

8. PaulG

PaulG Registered

I know exactly what they promised. I'm just saying, as someone who himself purchased a DK2 at launch, DK2 owners are hard core enthusiasts. If you're willing to go through the hurdles to use a development kit, 99 percent of these hardcore enthusiasts are gonna upgrade the moment consumer versions have pre-orders go live. I know I'd vastly prefer they support a consumer VR headset than have a build with some old Oculus SDK that only works with development kits. As I said in the post you quoted: They made a mistake due to ignorance of the situation.

It obviously gets complicated since Oculus decided it was just easier to remove support for anything that wasn't Windows/DX11+.

As for putting in DK2 support anyways, the problem is this: It's not about putting something in. It's about then supporting it. And making sure it doesn't break with each subsequent game patch/update. This is a huge inconvenience to have to support a half baked SDK that's not even remotely feature complete. All for what? A legacy development display that hardcore racers have abandoned (for consumer gear) anyways?

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

http://www.oculusvrnews.com/oculus-attending-ces-2016-with-huge-floor-booth/

http://www.oculusvrnews.com/palmer-luckey-confirms-oculus-rift-supports-room-scale-vr/

10. gkz

gkz Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

But ? ...it is exactly what I said it is. :confused:

I mean honestly no wonder people can't understand technical stuff I discuss. lol :)

23.49US = 32.16AU ........... for that you get 3 sims. ( you get FT, SCE and AMS )
    That is what I said $8 EACH US or... $11 EACH AU

This morning it is a little bit cheaper, our dollar is up to 73 cents US today from 71c-72c

If you call 11 bucks dear for a sim, I do not know what to say. :)

YES we SEE US dollars , just use a convertor the exchange rate changes every day of the week.

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=22.49&From=USD&To=AUD

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Just quoting because Oculus state they are room scale to, some may not have known this as this news post was recent.

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Yes Oculus is room scale too, but they will only ship with one IR lamp, to achieve room scale you will have to buy some extra lamps from them to get full 360° coverage

14. gkz

gkz Registered

vive scans ur room with laser and put this scaledata in the game. So u really can simulate ur room in the game. Oculus can just cover a room with his cams. But i would not call this room scale ? I would call it more standing experiance.
    So it depends what is room scaling for u.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Don't shoot the messenger.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Simple terms....

People buy StockCar, Rieza buys coding from rFactor, ISI spend money on rFactor2.

How is that not a good thing. :confused:

17. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

In other terms:
    1) they had license for gMotor2
    2) they had reach their goal on Indiegogo
    3) they noticed the new upgrades will bring to a "new" sim (as driving experience)
    4) they ask backers if can release it as Automobilista
    5) they promised a free copy to every GSCE howners
    6) they are doing an incredible job (I am on dev forum) putting new code on gMotor2
    7) they are simply amazing and people buy their products!!!

Btw, if you buy GSCE + Formula Truck or only GSCE before day 5 you will have AMS for free...
    About dx12, variable weather with rain, etc etc we will see them on AMS2 (2017)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  18. P*Funk

P*Funk Registered

Just this week I was discussing in a youtube thread with someone who is asking which sim to buy and they stated that they wouldn't, after recommendation from multiple people, not be buying SCE because they had no interest in stock cars. It made no difference explaining the meaning of what a Brazilian stock car is or that there are so many diverse options that its no reason not to get it. Nope... no matter. Not getting it.

To Reiza I say, rebrand away. You'll be saving Empty Box a lot of breath explaining away the name every video he makes.

19. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPbcN0jsw4c
    :)

20. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Even if you believe what they say (and the camera will have to be a massive imporvement over what DK2 featured), it's a worthless feature without a real commitment. Vive room scale only works because of "Chaperone". You'd destroy yourself if you're walking around a room without the VR headset knowing you were about to crash into something.

Once again, though, Gkz is flat out wrong with his comment. Vive's solution is also better for seated because seated only needs a single lighthouse. Two corner lighthouses are just to cover an entire room and prevent any occlusion. If you're simply sim racing, you put a single lighthouse station whereever your DK2 camera was, and presto, you're done. And better yet, it doesn't require lighthouse to be hooked up to the computer (via USB3.0). It's also a dumb system so it requires less processing resources to do the tracking. It's actual the superior system for sim racing too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.