Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Week

Week Registered

March 2020? It has been delayed?

2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yes!

3. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Didn't see this video in the thread, so thought I'd add it. Personally I'll have a look at it when it's released and make an informed decision on if I add it to my collection. AMS was ok, but not quite my cup of tea in terms of the content etc. Pcars 3 is looking like it's probably not going to be something I purchase - unless it's radically improved in many ways over Pcars 2. SMS has been recently purchased by Codemasters - so I guess we'll find out if that's a positive thing or not down the road. I like some of their products - others aren't my thing at all and I can't stand their approach to "careers" in a their F1 series of games - but that's personal preference and I'm sure some other people love it. https://egamingdesk.com/console/codemasters-acquires-slightly-mad-studios/

ItsBillyFrazier likes this.
  4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I have always been a big fan of rF2 and have played exclusively rF2 since 2015 (having however tested all the simulations outside of iracing).

I had chosen rF2 in 2015 and continued to use it later because my 2 priorities in a simulation are the realism (assumed) of the physic engine and the realism (assumed) of the car content in particular (but also tracks, preferring the laser scanned tracks like Sebring).

rF2 seemed so far the most consistent with what I was looking for.

I'm looking to find a simulation to use in addition to rF2, like many simracers do.

I want a simulation with a realistic physic engine, excellent FFB, VR, very realistic car content in terms of physics and as much as possible based on real data, excellent AI (and offline game), very diverse car content and as many tracks as possible. A Nordschleife is very important to me.

Currently the realism of the physical engine of AC1, PC2 does not suit me.

What do you think about AMS 2 ?
    Can this simulation match my criteria ??
    (based on your information).

Thank you.

5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

You can not say so blanket now. But if you take a look at Reiza, the guys are really good at it. We all want what you want. Especially me too. I really hope that guys present something solid with a strong AI and physics. I keep my expectations very low and wait for now. As long as I commute between RRE and rF2. ,

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's impossible to answer those questions. Reason: game not released yet. :rolleyes:

Emery likes this.
  7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

He just wanted to stimulate an interesting discussion. I don't see anything reprehensible about it. We love our hobby. And anticipation is the greatest joy or mate?

fernando.chicozamora likes this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Will is right, it's hard to talk about a game that hasn't been released yet.

But this game uses the graphics engine and if I understood correctly from the physic engine of PC2.

So I downloaded PC2, spent 2 hours perfectly adjusting it especially at VR and FFB level using the FFB called "raw" and adjusting the intensity of the FFB so as not to have clipping. Graphics to the maximum (without rain and without opponents), PC2 being smooth as well.

2 hours of adjustments .... From the first 100 meters I confirmed my opinion from 1 year ago : for me PC2 is not at all a simulation (IMO).

Even with all of Reiza's talent (and I know they are very talented) I don't see how they could match or be closer to rF2.

Maybe I would buy AMS 2, but nothing is less certain.

9. ItsBillyFrazier

ItsBillyFrazier Registered

Based on that AMS2 video clip above, I'm pleased I resisted temptation to get involved in the EA, that clip doesn't get me excited at all.

While the graphics look pretty decent, the sound seems very ordinary based on the clip (and I'm being generous with that comment...)

In saying that, I hope it turns out to be a great sim as more competition in the market can only be good for sim racing customers.

This time however, I'll be waiting for some thorough reviews of Reiza's success or failure with the Madness Engine. I think they got their work cut out having played PC2...

On a side note - I didn't know SMS & Codies merged...good for them... my two least favorite sim devs have joined up. I'm not holding my breath for any magic either. Both are excellent at over-promising and under-delivering.

memoNo1 likes this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I look similar to you. But maybe Reiza saw something in the engine that we cannot understand anyway. In vain they didn't choose this engine. I hope the best and let myself be surprised .

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

PC2 is a rF1 with updates especially tire model (read Reiza roadmaps), just like rF2. What comes from this is up to the developer, PC2 cars physics is what it is because SMS wanted it that way.
    The Grand Tour Game runs on rF2 physics so that gives you an idea about what can be done with a sim engine.
    So what will be about AMS? It'll be only possible to know at release. As a minimum you could expect AMS level with rain and 64 bit plus slightly better performance than PC2 due to less detailed 3d models. But then all this info is in their road map
    Bit ironic to say you want very detailed simulation while prizing some of the content released by S397 tho, but to each his own. ;)

EsxPaul likes this.
  12. ItsBillyFrazier

ItsBillyFrazier Registered

Pretty sure Marrs or Chris said that it runs on a much less detailed tyre model than rF2, but maybe I'm mistaken...

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, obviously they cant use that much processing on consoles for an arcade game. But that's just to give you an idea about what can be done. You can grab the sample tires from the data base and make an arcade out of it too controlling the real time session. As I said it's all up to the developer, not different here, the direction on content detail is different of the past with ISI.

ItsBillyFrazier likes this.
  14. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I am extremely satisfied with the (supposed) realism of the 100% S397 car content + last 4 Slowmotion + Kartsim mods.

These 40 cars are incredible for me in terms of realism (IMO), and according to me some of the best in simracing.

I totally distinguish ISI content (90% taken over by S397) from real S397 content.

The physical engine of rF2, the realism of the car content of rF2 and the realism of the FFB are the only 3 unique reasons why I still play rF2.

Because on all the other aspects, rF2 is worse than the competitors (IMO).

R.Noctua likes this.
  15. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I'm just going to wait for rF3. Until then, I'll stick with rF2

16. Emery

Emery Registered

The three engines (rF1, rF2, & pCARS 2) are actually more similar than they're different. Implementation of tire physics are going to be the largest difference and yet, if Reiza do a good job, the area where you'll not notice it. Reiza were fairly successful with what they implemented for rF2, so I don't they'll screw up translating into the Madness engine.

Pretty much my only concern with Reiza's adoption of the Madness engine will be the AI (pCARS 2 is awful on the first lap and too robotic on subsequent laps) and how much of the gameplay is forced on us (Will the rF1/rF2 flexibility for multiclass be there? Will we be able to pick & choose AI opponents?). Apart from the Madness AI first lap, a complaint of mine about rF1/AMS/Madness AI is that they go slowly around banked curves; rF2 has that solved.

DrivingFast likes this.
  17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

What do you think?
    Whats are your first impressions?

18. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

rF2 really needs aquaplaning. Love that stream

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Wait and see. The nice thing for us is that RRE and S397 are currently racing closely. Now Reiza comes with AMS2. Hopefully it does what it says on the tin. Competition stimulates business and we benefit from it .:cool:

20. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I wonder if it's the same as the PC2 aquaplaning which mysteriously doesn't affect the AI cars :rolleyes:

R.Noctua and memoNo1 like this.