Automatic packages download from server fails

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Felix Schendel, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Hi I found an issue with the logic behind the automatic packages download from a server.

I build an update rfcmp for the GT3s (one rfcmp for each GT3) with new liveries and for testing purposes with an updated upgrades.ini (Pitstop...). I put the rfcmp files in the packages folder of the server. The first time everything went fine. So we tested the upgrades and decided to change something inside. Because of these changes I made new rfcmps, I also increased the version number of the rfcmps, and put them again in the packages folder of the server. I also made a new rfmod. I restarted the server and everything seems to work as expected. But nobody was able to join the server. We only got the message "joinig server" for several minutes.

I found out that the packages which were downloaded to my client for the first time I've joined this server aren't named like I named them on the server. The solution was to delete the rfcmps which where downloaded from the server the first time from my local packages folder.

Here is an example of the naming of the filenames of the packages
    1st try:
    - server: AMV_GT3_1.86VR01.rfcmp
    - client: Aston_Martin_Vantage_GT3_2019.rfcmp

2nd try:
    - server: AMV_GT3_1.86VR02.rfcmp
    - client: Aston_Martin_Vantage_GT3_2019.rfcmp

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021