Automatic installs via sync from launcher

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by S. Marshall, Feb 24, 2019.

1. S. Marshall

S. Marshall Registered

Every time I go to join a race online, there are downloads that automatically install. Even if I choose only to see races with "has the same version, " I get installs/Sync updates from these third party updates to my content. Where it really upsets me is if somebody sends me install updates to the track on my paid content like Sebring.

I have no idea what people are sending me in these patches for their races and I don't want them, especially when I pay for a track like Sebring.

So how do I set Sebring back to what I received from RF2 as default.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The 'Same Version' refers to the game version. Currently .11112, something something. Checking the 'Same Server' box just means you cannot see servers that are using, for example, v.1109. The reason you are getting a forced download is that the host has altered the track or cars to suit his needs/league and to race there you need to have the same files. This is a slow process and often fails due to the large size some hosts impose(lots of cars, multiple tracks etc)
    There is a location in STEAM that lists all the available servers and if you can identify the server you wish to join, you can download all the files from there at a much faster rate.

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Also every server you join for the first time will download a small race event file (commonly called a vmod) which is usually only a few kB in size, this is dependant on how the server admin sets it up. If you join a server that has “updated” a track or vehicle, and that content is downloaded, then from your content manager in the rF2 launcher (the icon that looks like an open box) you can firstly uninstall the race event (will show in the mod category) and then uninstall the updated version of track or vehicle.

Hope that helps

4. S. Marshall

S. Marshall Registered

Thank you! Yes, I saw the mod file and deleted it. I guess the best way to get back to my paid content is unsubscribe from everything and then hover over all the file names and see if the uninstall button lights up. So I am hoping I will then only have my paid content.