Automate the neutralization of the race with a Pace Car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Jan 20, 2022.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello again everyone.

I would like to know if it is possible to automate a command, in this case "/throwyellow" so that it is executed automatically at a certain race distance, either by time or by laps.

The fact is that I want to neutralize a race on a NASCAR-style oval in several "parts" to regroup the drivers, give them the option of making a pit stop and restart the race without stopping it.

Currently I have a Batch file with the command "/throwyellow" and I launch it from my autochat when it's time, but it's a method that I don't like because it depends on me, on my attention at the moment, that I'm not fighting intensely, no can dispute that race or of many other variables that can affect me.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

2. JParra

JParra Registered

Can someone help me interpret this silence?

I don't know if I should think about:

A. It is an absurd question.
    B. Not interesting
    C. It is poorly formulated or in the wrong place
    D. There is no answer or it is impossible.
    E. The right person hasn't seen it yet.

Thanks

3. lagg

lagg Registered

AFAIK it's possible with a plugin.
    I don't know any that does this but we have one that launches penalties at certain moment of the race.
    I'd say that the correct answer is E

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    JParra, Corti and atomed like this.
  4. JParra

JParra Registered

Thanks Lagg

It seemed like an interesting idea to give more excitement to an oval race with the Tatuus, it could give extra points to the winner of each section and things like that, but I'm afraid that in the end it will be more "automatic" to do two races, inverted grids and force to make a stop to refuel (which I will have to force for upgrades).

Can you share that add-on that launches sanctions?

Thank you.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@JParra I don't know that anything exists to do exactly what you want, but personally if I were looking for that I'd use a tool that is state aware (keeps track of what the server is doing as far as session, status, etc), like the server controller that @svictor has been updating - but I'm nearly 100% sure it can't do scheduled caution periods at this stage.

Unfortunately my own admin days ended some years ago and the tool I developed for server control would probably cause more trouble than it's worth if I tried to revive and add this to it, but that sort of framework is probably easiest to add some options to.

JParra likes this.
  6. JParra

JParra Registered

Thank you Lazza for your extensive response. The truth is, I don't know why I thought it would be simpler, maybe because it is something that is used in a competition with a lot of following like NASCAR, although in countries like mine, it has very little following.

Anyway, I will take a look at the tools that you indicate, which I did not know and although it is not possible, I think I will encourage myself to do it manually with autochat, just to have that option that seems interesting to me to regroup and relaunch a race new, but without changing session.

7. svictor

svictor Registered

JParra and Corti like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

@JParra , sorry.
    We can't share this app.
    The plugin of the server that launches the penalties has to be used with a client plugin, a program located in the server, a web server, etc.
    We have all the tools that manage our races integrated.

Corti likes this.
  9. JParra

JParra Registered

Very interesting, I will try it as soon as I can, although I don't know if it will work on our Windows Server 2008 R2 or we will have to wait for the update that we have to make of the S.O.