[REL] Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez Classic Version

Discussion in 'Locations' started by osiris32, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

A nice honest straight conversion that works well in rF2! Knowing how old (and simple!) the mesh/graphics are, it holds up quite well. Thank you for breathing life back into it!

2. osiris32

osiris32 Registered

Mesh resolution was increased using 3DS Max. Otherwise it would not be very drivable.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

That's the driving mesh and you've done nice work there... I was thinking of the low polygon TSOs and terrain.

4. osiris32

osiris32 Registered

Converting def needs a good base to work with. Road mesh is fixable but would take forever to fix all objects.

5. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Track is flat as a pancake, featureless tarmac with harsh changes from one cambered corner to another. Many of the textures are not HDR friendly.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

90% of textures have been adjusted for HDR. They can be adjusted further if you wish to point out specific issues. The only thing I'm not happy with is the trees (shadowing), but it's mostly due to this difficult billboard tech of rF2 which isn't enabled.

Track is flat because rF1-type fake bumps are removed, we don't have surface data on that accuracy.

8. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Just did and the same thing happens on that link. I just get a screen full of gibberish...I don't have chrome so I guess Im just screwed.

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I was going to download this but flat = :( so lemme know if bumps ever added

10. Emery

Emery Registered

You might also peruse the online servers. Sooner or later someone with an open server will use it there with GETMOD enabled and you can pick it up that way...

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You do realize that Chrome is free...?

12. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

What is the max number of cars it can host? I did 33 and I was falling in the sky before the game crashed. Didn't get much of a chance to go back into it to be able to try it.

13. osiris32

osiris32 Registered

Not sure I can check later. I am sure its not 33 cars.

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

First tests done... drives well, nice conversion, but please add shadows to objects. It's a very huge visual difference, especially in parts where you just have track, fences and trees... the lighting without shadow casters is just not immersive.

15. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Track looks nice and gives good performance on my aging system, but I found some issues and things that could be improved.

1) Skipping a formation lap while using the default rolling start type will result in all the cars falling through the track.

2) This track was notorious for its bumpiness, See also here, so some high frequency bumps, even if not 100% accurate would be better than no bumps at all. The rF2 wiki also recommends always adding some high frequency bumps: http://wiki.rfactor.net/index.php?title=TDF

See also the following videos.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
  16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Tested this for the first time. Congratulations for making an awesome track. One problem though, formation lap is bugged. Skipping formation lap doesn't work but sends all cars to pits and all retired after that. Also when I did the formation lap the jumping start was bugged (said "green green green" way too early and I got a penalty). Otherwise quality job. I really like the layout too.

17. The_Dukester

The_Dukester Registered

As mentioned from the two previous posts from Associat0r and TIG_green it makes it impossible to use this great track for league racing. Hopefully that will be addressed in the near future.

I was intending to nominate for a round in one of our league series but not to be unfortunately.

18. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Anyone seen a version of mexico with the new layout?

19. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Racer factor have a version in testing.

20. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Sweet! Thanks.