Autobahn Conversion

Discussion in 'Locations' started by negb, Mar 17, 2014.

1. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Thanks, didn't know about that list, links in your list to one site for autobahn seems to be down, the other link at the end of your thread I can see there is plenty of data but wow those file sizes are huge. I will have to look into it sometime, with my internet speed it would likely take me a month to get some of these files and still there would be a lot to do to try to narrow it down to specifically what I would really want out of the data. Still at least it is there I guess.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes, it looks like they've changed things around on the Illinois clearinghouse site. I haven't confirmed it, but it appears you can request individual tiles rather than a whole county.

3. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

Does anyone happen to have a link for the updated track? The Google link is down.

4. Corti

Corti Registered

bravotangosix and SPASKIS like this.
  5. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

Thank you!

6. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

You sir! Are a star. :D

7. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

James, I've gotten to know a couple of contacts at Autobahn. Depending on your workload, there may be some incentive for you to work on it. Having an accurate and up to date version of Autobahn (north, south, and combined circuits) would be a valuable training tool for us to use. I work for a racing school there from time to time. Depending on your willingness to work on it, there may be some funds that could be raised by potential students or the school itself. If you want, I can mention it to my contacts.

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  8. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

That would be pretty sweet! It's a place I haven't gotten to yet (I live in Green Bay) but would like to go visit at some point.