Auto-subscribe doesn't play nice with new UI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Dec 20, 2019.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The auto-subscribe workshop items make the new UI crash.

I just did a fresh install (straight to open beta) on a fresh OS. Here's the problem: On a fresh install after the game and all workshop items have been downloaded, the auto-subscribe items don't start downloading until you start the game for the first time. This makes the new UI crash.

On the old launcher, a window would pop up and say "You have 12 items to download" or something like that and it would download all the auto-subscribe items.

On the new UI, it crashes, then it downloads a single workshop item and stops. The you open the game again, crash, download. Repeat 12 times to get all the auto-subscribe workshop items.

Finally got the new UI up and working though. Absolutely love it.

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

I want to uninstall modded content,NOT bought or OFFICIAL content but the package tab does not show which is which in the old UI.

The new UI is completely broken for me,just hangs on a frozen white screen.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Proud Tiger can you stop replying to multiple threads repeating your issue? We can see your thread. These people aren't locked in their threads awaiting responses.

4. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

Like the game itself,a ghost town in here.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

How do you mean "which is which in the old UI"?
    Is your Launcher from the old UI showing different to what is in the picture below?
    Also, anything in the list that has an asterisk * at the end of it's name is content from Steam Workshop or Paid DLC and cannot be uninstalled from the launcher, it can only be Unsubscribed from at the Workshop.

modmanPNG.PNG