Australian V8 supercars? Please!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Gary77, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

Hello to URD and and or Apex, Thank you for your excellent mods you have already,But please consider doing the v8 supercars series,It would almost complete RF2.It is a very good racing series,very close and competitive. There are three models of cars, Holden, Ford and Nissan,I would pay bigtime for a licensed version,we have a v8sc mod out already,but it is free and it shows,Thanks again for your quality mods..Please please consider doing this,I would help out any way i could,Cheers to yous!!

2. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hi I have a good news :

- a mod already exist IN STEAM WORSHOP
    - very good, pleasant, immersive interiors sounds
    - I don't play it since 1 year but : FFB and physics really good.
    - good cockpit
    - there are 2 or 3 v8 sup. years so more than 3 cars I think

BUT since ~one year I decided to use ONLY ISI/S397 cars, which I think are really better in terms of FFB/physics. So I don't you used anymore apex gt3 (one of the TOP 2 or 3 mods) or V8 supercars.

But very good mod the v8 supercars ;) :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701607507

3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I had read badly your post sorry.

For me a apex v8 or urd v8 mod is useless because you won't have a huge step concerning physics, FFB and sounds and it will take a lot of time to have a "perfect" V1 version.
    Improving the actual mod is better.

I think that's not a bad idea (but not prioritary) that S397 take license with A LOT OF TECHNIC AND REAL DATA, to make a V8 supercar mod.

I think we are in a new major step : S397 using very complete real race cars data to make best car content (in terms of physics).
    Unfortunatelly they seem to not take the other major step into account : real laser scanned track with complete, real and accurate DATAS.

So asking for it at S397 is clever, I think not for URD and APEX. Plus concerning URD, for me physics are very disappointing for a PAY MOD. APEX physics seems better and it is free (better to donate something)

Gary77 likes this.
  4. Foresight

Foresight Registered

A modder can' get a licensed version, the cost of license is too expensive.
    Maybe, you can ask it to S397 developers, but i guess there would be not the priority. Moreover, not many players drive the V8.
    (it's a shame, i'm also a huge fan of the V8 series, it's a blast to see that on tv....and the pure sounds, oh boy ! :eek: )

Anyway, the existing mod of FVR do the job : FFB and sound are good enough to enjoy.
    Maybe, the flaw is the graphics, if my memory is not bad, i remember that the car is not polish like a urd car by example.
    Or better example, the V8 cars in Automobilista (AMS) : they got mono cars, not all manufacturers but their V8 are top notch ! :cool:

Gary77 likes this.
  5. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@Gary77 - yes, do try the excellent FVR V8 mod, especially at Bathurst. You may fall in love. Most of the series' tracks from down under are also well crafted and Workshop available.

JimmyT likes this.
  6. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Yep. The Supercars mods currently available are not up to current standards.
    It is probably the best time for S397 to organise getting a licence to move the series forward.
    Apparently Supercars are keen to enter the e-gaming market, so it's a prime opportunity to
    get in while Supercars are looking around at various platforms...

Jeremy Talbot, bwana and wrxxy like this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

With the new series post 2018, ld guess a license for current series may be available at reduced cost ?? Even the 2016 season including merc and volovo could soon be more affordable ?

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

The FVR V8 mod is very good and the Supercar drivers who've had a go of that mod say it's pretty close to driving the real thing. They are, as noted above, available through the steam workshop. :)

Rui Santos and Brack Jabham like this.
  9. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Given rF2 started out as a moddding platform, It seems the recent thinking is that no modder can produce quality like S397 unless they pay for it. Love the above post - and I also reference things like Lego Ideas. Sometimes modders can equal or beat the professionals

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    JimmyT and Rui Santos like this.