Australian Tracks

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Harry Tulloch, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

All Links removed

if you would like the links please ask xfactor racing

Bathurst
    Link Removed

Eastern Creek
    Link Removed

Hidden Valley
    Link Removed

Oran Park
    Link Removed

Phillip Island
    Link Removed

Sandown
    Link Removed

Stennyvillie
    Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
  2. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Thx Mate

Babs:cool:

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Cheers Harry... will check them out. :)

4. boxer

boxer Registered

where is surfers :-(

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Thanks for these tracks!

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Where is your gratitude?

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Sandown has Joseville as a track pic... just thought I`d say. :)

8. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

well, what a surprise. Thanks for sharing.
    Bathurst tested and SHIFT loading screen shocked me.
    Very FPS friendly track, but is the road really as large as here?

9. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

could somebody put up a video of the tracks please :D

10. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

thx m8
    people if your going to convert something from rf1 or other sims
    atleast add (all) the new features rf2 has to offer before releasing or your just wasting your time
    someone else will release the tracks with all the new features and yours will go in the bin
    i'll stick to my conversion for now
    still waiting for a pro to build all australian tracks from scratch
    that is a horrible version of bathurst

11. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve noticed the "Shift" thing too...

12. Raggnator

Raggnator Registered

Estupendo recopilatorio de circuitos Australianos.
    Bajando,gracias compaƱero.
    Engaaaaaaaaaa...

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Not just that, it is a slap in the face to other developers.

I don't see any rF2 rips on their sites, strange.

Like I BLEAT what is next ? hi res payware of these ?

Links and volunteer tech support provided on ISI forums.

Sorry but I think this must becoming a joke to other developers.

You never going to see half sucked Mangos in pCARS-AC-RRE-SRW-GSC or anything else.

14. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Any Chance you sharing your versions with us here, some of these are originally my conversions for RF1 most likely with the MMM team. Not that I care as they werent entirely legal in the first place lol but if someone has made better versions it would be nice to have here. I am dloading these anyway to have a try and see whats they are like, I havent felt the need to re use these in RF2 but I still want to give them a try lol.

I am starting one of these as a scratch build, very early and its the track closest to me. My first scratch build so will take a while and am learning along the way. Not sure if it will ever make a final release as it will need to be at a high enough standard to go public and I am a very long way away from that. If someone makes a better one before I do then I am happy but I will still make mine just to learn how to do it.

I hope that the Eastern creek and Oran park laser tracks get a revamp for Rf2 by the original guys as these were easily the best 2 Aussie tracks. Bathurst by ORSM was the next best but all the conversions were just good place holders even back then which were made just to have these tracks until better came along.

15. Radar

Radar Registered

That's because they are a Shift conversion.. won't take long for this thread to be locked / links removed.. As for a wide road, no it's far from the true layouts. They are arcade tracks after all and little 5yo on Bathurst would see them hit walls too much :)

16. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

r you saying you were apart of mr men mods because i have been trying to get in touch with Russell to get permission to release there gtr2 tracks
    i'm pretty sure the mmm team borrowed them from v8 supercars 3 pc game for there v8 supercars 2006 mod for gtr2
    as for releasing my versions i don't think that would be fair to orsm fvr adn or mmm and there's no use in asking them for permission
    my theory is if a amateur like myself and this dude start releasing other peoples work then those pro's might not bother and then i'm/where stuck with amateur tracks and thats not good and immoral

17. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

That's because they are a Shift conversion.. won't take long for this thread to be locked / links removed.. As for a wide road, no it's far from the true layouts. They are arcade tracks after all and little 5yo on Bathurst would see them hit walls too much

only 1 of them is a shift conversion the rest are codemasters

18. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

ill do later tonight

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Codies/shift like that makes any difference. hehehe :)

I only BLEAT about them because of different rules wherever you go sending different signals.

I know this is going to sound far-out, I think it should be the exact opposite.

I always believed any add-on released pubic would be better being open source and just give credit where due.

We would all get the benefit of more updated and unreleased stuff due to lack of permissions.

In turn any top team or modder could improve any circuit they liked. :)

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

20. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I was Mr Martcerv way back in the day lol, Havent been in touch with any of the others in a very long time and dont even have email addreses or at least I cant remember where they are. Real life got in the way way back then and I haven't had much time, The tracks where codies and I know what you mean about releasing.

Id avoid any ORSM stuff and also the 2 laser scanned tracks, any tracks I did with MMM I have no issues cant remember which ones I did entirely. Maybe hidden Valley and Symmons plains plus the first bathurst version though it was just a placeholder and the ORSM track is much better as are all scratch made tracks.

Re permissions in general its always best practice to get permission from original track makers, prior to any release though I also see a place for community made track conversions prior to any of these being upgraded by the original designers. If all credit is given IMHO sharing tracks should be ok and if the original owner asks you to stop then remove it. I dont know if I would really get upset if I made a scratch made track and it was converted by others, if it wasnt up to the standard Id want it would inspire me to gop out and make a better version or at least offer some assistance to those working on it.

Having just dloaded this batch of tracks, and driven a few laps on most. Phillip island is very rough and I dont think MMM even ever made that one. Looks straight out of codies with the original street turn signs lol and the road is green for some reason. The others are pretty much as they were in RF2 which werent the prettiest anyway lol, not sure if realroad is on all of them but eastern creek laser at least confirmed how good a good road surface is handled in RF2. This track felt great in RF1 and it does even better in RF2, AI were real slow but they handle the bumps better then AI in RF1. This should be the same with Oran where AI couldnt handle the curbing but is now improved and the current tyre model does well at Eastern creek.

I hope this track gets a refresh and if the original guys dont want to do it then giving permission to someone like feels to retexture and upgrade this would make it an awesome track. Same with the laser Oran Park.

One thing with these conversions even though these are far from legal in the modding community general standards, the last thing we need is 20 user made conversions. I think it would be good to have anyone working on these themselves to get together and help each other out to make them as good as possible. No point 10 people redoing the same thing, but also permission should really be asked from the original makers or at the very least crediting them before going public.

Edit: didnt notice DD 's post above mine and thats pretty much exactly what I think of this, let the community Open source tracks as this will benefit everyone. Give credit and simply work together its the best way to at least get conversions up to a decent level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.