Aussie Mod?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Jello, May 12, 2013.

1. Jello

Jello Registered

I have never done a mod & only just started playing around with 3D modelling for fun, but how would this era aussie car go as a mod?

[​IMG]

XBGT Vs L34 Torana? ;) Still got a lot of work to do on it & still learning.

2. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Over the past few years there has been a couple of attempts to bring the Group C big bangers to rF1. Ausmodders were going well with it and showing screenies of the A9X, but then it fell apart for various reasons and nothing more happened with it.. sadly.

There is also a mod for rF1 with the Mad Max Interceptor. It's been well modelled and some of the physics issues were sorted in the final version.

Personally, I would love to see the Aussie Group C era cars available for rF2, so good luck with your project.

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

There's heaps of great racers that have never seen the light of day in rF1. The Group C of cause is one. The JGTC is another but all we see is VW, Skoda, eg, eg. Lupos...... buzz boxes and a big heap of F1 or open wheel race cars. Sure their fun but that's all they are.

I really hope we see some real GT and touring cars mods come out for rF2.

4. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

I think there is a third mod of that era around. ORSM built one for a commercial client (who has stated that it is up to ORSM if they want to release it publically for rf1)

I think that this would be a very popular mod for rf2 :) Keep up the good work :)

5. Jello

Jello Registered

We'll try our best. But be patient neither of us have done this before lol.

I'll keep going with the modelling for the time being, but need the plugin for Blender to be finished & a mate is looking at the modding side, physics etc... of rF2.

If it all works out, we would like to make a this as a mod with the two Class D cars XBGT & L34 & then look at adding a few more cars of '76 as in Class C Mazda RX3 & Capri V6 to the mod. If we find we've succeeded with our first mod, then we might work on some other years like the '80's :).