Audio suddenly cuts out, only rF2 relaunch fixes it

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tygernoot, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Hi all,

Just got back to racing in a league after a year off or so. During practice my audio suddenly cut out (all sounds gone, in-game, in-menu, etc.) and I could only fix it by relaunching rF2.
    The next day I left my PC for an hour or so with rF2 running and when I came back audio was gone again and I needed to restart rF2 to fix it.

I don't want this to happen in the middle of a league race, so any ideas on whether this is a known rF2 bug or how to prevent it from happening? Can the rF2 audio engine crash or can it be restarted without relaunching the game? Changing the sample rate (48 kHz at the moment) is the only thing I can think of to try for now...

I changed from a dedicated soundcard to Kingston HyperX headphones with an onboard/USB soundcard recently. So it could be that this is related to that. However this issue shouldn't occur of course and I haven't had audio cutting out in any other game before.

Best regards,
    Ed.

2. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Check that your USB headphones are in a USB 2.0 port and not a USB 3.0 port.