Audio loss in the Cadillac DPi

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Luca D'Amelio, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Luca D'Amelio

Luca D'Amelio Registered

Hi, me and some other simdrivers encountered a bug where all of a sudden a certain part of the Cadillac DPi engine sound disappears, it worked fine in practice, but it looks like the bug gets triggered more easily with more cars on track.

Here's the video, only the low revs work after that bug gets triggered:

2. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

3. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

In the first race of the VEC Championship, in Monza, the same sound problem has been reproduced in our DPI #213. On lap 7 the sound of our engine has disappeared, curiously this time it will downshift. In preseason it happened to us going up gears. That, although with problems, allowed me to continue on the track, but two laps later the sound of the engine disappeared completely. Getting out of the driver's seat, I could see that the sound of the engine was being heard on all the other cameras. That the problem only occurs in the driving cabin view.

Attached Trace with the data of the race to be analyzed looking for the possible failure.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dx8b9ondm6f3949/trace_2022_08_27_13_27_32-87.txt?dl=0

I leave you a video of my transmission in which you can appreciate the moments in which it happens to me. The link begins as soon as the goal is passed, and until then everything was heard correctly.
    • At minute 00:45, when braking in the second variant, the sound disappears when downshifting. (Lap 7)
    • At minute 03:51, curiously at the same point, when braking in the second variant, the sound of my engine completely disappeared. (Lap 9)
    Interestingly, in the pre-season race the sound disappeared when accelerating at that same point as well. I don't know if this is a coincidence. Training, classification and even failure all correct.

Another of our car drivers on his shift had the same problem. And in the same way. After several laps in which everything was working properly he lost the sound of the engine when downshifting, and several laps later completely. Interestingly, the problem occurred when passing through the same point of the circuit. After braking in the 2nd variant.

Attached tracking file of the problem suffered by the same car in the race with another driver.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd2g4lx4kv8536g/trace_2022_08_27_15_51_35-96.txt?dl=0

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

5. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

This is my Audio setup.

It gave me problems with 255 effects in Preseason, and with 64 in the first Race.

[​IMG]

This is the equipment I use.

i9-9900K / 32Gb DDR4 2666CL13 / Asus Maximus XI / Asus 2080Ti 11Gb GDDR6 / Asus PG258Q G-Sync 240 Hz / 1Tb SSD NVMeM.2 +1Tb SSD + 2x 3TB WDC/ Corsair HX750i / Volante Logitech G29 + Pedales SRP-GT3P / Fibra 600-100 / W11 64

In the second and third turns that I was running in Monza I lowered the effects to 32, and I don't know if it was luck or not, but I didn't have the problem. Problem that I have never had training, qualifying, neither with this car nor with any other with the first configuration that I have put.

I hope that the information provided helps to find and solve the problem.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  6. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

My teammate had a similar problem in VEC D1 but on a LMP2 just after driver swap.