AUDIO - grid horns problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Riccardo Corazzari, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Riccardo Corazzari

Riccardo Corazzari Registered

Hello
    I will partecipate to a Formula championship with standing start. In case I will not be able to see the starting lights I will need to hear the horns. At the moment, when I'm standing on the grid, the spectator sound covers the horns and when I floor the throttle to engage the launch control I almost completely can't hear those horns. I already tried to put 100% the volume for sound effects but this raises also the spectators noise, so the problem persist totally.
    Is there something in the player.json or somewhere I can edit to sort it out?
    thank you

ric

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

not a json edit, but a hud hack. Put up the race information screen. The moment the lap timer starts you know the race has started. Think of it as a red light transponder in your car.

Bidle and Riccardo Corazzari like this.
  3. Riccardo Corazzari

Riccardo Corazzari Registered

nice idea. but i wrote here to solve the audio issue, not for finding another way...

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You can wait. However, we've found waiting can be a long long time. Hello new UI?(3 plus years now....)

5. Bidle

Bidle Registered

That's actually a good one, at this time I'm just looking at the cars in front of me. This is much better. :)

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Thanks Dave, I read that and noticed a connection to something that had almost the same level of awe and anticipation.
    Just replace moon with UI. :D
    "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too"

SmellySkidmark likes this.