Atlanta Motorsports Park v1.0 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 30, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I would think that if you can master the Skippy at this beast of a track, you could competently drive any race car on any track.

2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

theres a yt video of someone i follow just launching into the game w/ default skippy & racing this track, i almost torched my wheel.

3. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

I must say that I couldn't drive the Skippy or the Marussia on any track before my recent purchase of an Accuforce wheel. I don't want to highjack this thread with wheel talk though. There is another thread or two for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  4. Justy

Justy Registered

Finally got a chance to try this fantastic track out last night. All I can say is, Wow! A real roller coaster. My main problem is I can't decide whether I like the road course, or the kart tracks more.

Great job (as always) ISI, many many thanks.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I did a bunch of laps last night with the Miata and then this morning I watched the video you linked to and man the speeds, gear shifts, hacking away on the wheel and all that are identical to what I was doing last night. I still need to work on my time though. I was in the 35s.

Someone needs to host a server with this combo. :) Or the Skippy. It isn't as enjoyable in faster cars like the C7R.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I set up an open server named Spec Miata Fun. It's all GetMod enabled incase you don't already have the Miata.

20min Practice
    15min Qualy
    5min Warmup
    10 Lap Race

It also has live timing here:
    http://timing.srrs-racing.net

I need to create a hotlap database so people can battle for the fastest laps.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

This combo is really great great fun. The car feels better and better from lap to lap.
    I have no idea how you get down to 35 Noel, I just freakin can't go fast here. I am still at the 37's IF I get a clean lap in at all.
    Gonna chill around on the server today.

Thx for setting it up!

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

What about something like LiveRacers? People can see if they can improve their laps through it.

Is it the regular Mazda or the other spec one?

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Liveracers has been nothing but problems over the years. I wrote this timing system for VEC because LR didn't cut it. Between memory leaks on the plugin and the constant buffering messages and slow load times.. we canned it. A hotlap database is on my todo list though. Jimmi has been bugging me about it too. :)

The Miata on the server is the Spec Miata 1.32. You can download it here or simply join the server and it will download automatically:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21767-Spec-and-SuperCharged-Miatas-v-1-32

The wife was out of town last night and will be gone tonight so last night I was able to do some serious laps for the first time in about 6 months. Hahaha. I plan to jump on the server tonight around 10PM (EDT/GMT-4).

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It took me a while to get it down that far. T10 is frustrating as hell!!

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Is this livetiming free for everyone or just private?

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Private right now but I plan to release it when I am finished with it.

13. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Getting there - 1:35.058

View attachment 16886

I missed quite a few apexes, so there has to be another second out there.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

I've tried several cars and AMP is excellent in the lower powered vehicles. Street Corvette provides a nice trackday experience and is great for learning the track (higher point of view, makes short work of the straights); braking from close to 140 mph into a 35 mph turn turns my knuckles white. Spec Miata is certainly a challenge here due to the elevation changes giving you so many opportunities to spin! Brands Hatch setups seem to be good starting points.

BT20 and Cobra and Howston require too much patience since the straights aren't long enough to stretch their legs. Scale up the track by 30%, give it a historic atmosphere, and it probably would be perfect. (ooo, now there's a project!)

Overall, historic F3 has provided me the best experience here. Drifting that long sweeping turn while going up through the gears is sweet.

Edit: Celica GTO works very well, too! It's like the street Corvette, only faster lap times.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

the dallara is manageable..

low gearing and highest downforce.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Nice.. and I see Mrslfrsl has a 34.9 now.

This is the most time I have ever spent with the Miata. It's very impressive PlickBadger. Thanks for building it for us!

17. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

grrrr Mrslfrsl :mad::p Now I have to try again :cool:

This is such a great track. I'm trying figure out the logistics of visiting it IRL - it's about 11 hours away towing.

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ok, these are my next two. T280 is great here too. Surprisingly, SB isn't doing it for me ATM but IS a great challenge...

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Hahaha.. So their deal with ISI is already paying off. They have successfully marketed the track to you. :)

20. dbell76

dbell76 Registered

Made now aprox. 30 laps on this beautiful track!
    It is so good looking for me all time best looking rf2 ISI made track

Thx again for this quality! Go on isi