Atlanta Motorsports Park v1.0 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 30, 2015.

1. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I hate F2 force-feedback that turns the wheel extremely light in every minor understeering, unnatural.

2. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Agree on that - I hope the f2 and fr3.5 Will get "fixed" soon so the ffb gets more like eg. the marussia where you feel the weight of the car much more. off topic so heres another Well done isi for the track ! :)

3. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Is it just me or was this track designed without many good passing areas? ISI has done a great job with it.

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

The track is more for "driving" than proper racing IMO. Like a club circuit where people go to have an absolute hoot around a challenging drivers track. Same for Bilster Berg, the other Tilke circuit much like this one in Germany

5. Uff

Uff Registered

I don't know if this has been reported before. :D

[​IMG]

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

^ Lol

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Cobras are surprisingly fun here. I was only testing them to confirm suspected AI issues with another mod but ended up completing two full races :D

8. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah, I hope ISI would focus more on larger tracks. A track like Silverstone can be used for almost any group of racing thanks to the 3 layouts. These smaller tracks are nice for hotlapping but overtaking and hence league use is very limited, I think Empty Box managed to pass one AI car on his video and his driving isn't that bad at all.

9. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Spec Miatas are fantastic on this track.

10. rhamm

rhamm Registered

The sun effects on this track are pretty cool. The lighting changes like the sun has gone behind some clouds and then comes back out after a few minutes. Pretty cool stuff.

11. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Thanks for the track, ISI. Finally got to try it today. Looks great and superb to drive.

12. Comante

Comante Registered

This track can be ideal for leagues or multiplayer, you just need to employ for the purposes it was designed in real life. The kart layouts are amazing, the slower configurations are quite entertaining and fun, while the faster layouts are very demanding, so, with Karts, there is a lot of possible racing to do. The roadcourse layout can be employed with small cars, while with skip barbers is quite challenging, with palatov is fun and enjoyable. There is no reason to focus on tracks that can race 50 F1 at the same time, league racing is not the only racing option avaiable to RF2 players, and there are plenty of third party tracks made just for league racing. Maybe there are people that use RF2 only online and only during leagues activities, but I don't see why isi should grant them a special treatment.

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

+1 and I couldn't disagree more regarding the larger tracks which are boring + expensive to license

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Someone hasn't raced the skippy, miata, or clios on this track then if they think passing is too tough. Nothing wrong at all with club tracks. Clearly not everybody around here is into the same thing and one rF2 league doesn't represent all of ISIs customers.

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Not suggesting that this is exactly what you are saying but your post made me think of something I have believed for some time but never bothered to address yet and that is that the more challenging / technical the vehicle the more opportunities there are to pass because the more options there are to get by someone and also for them to make a mistake.

In short, what I am saying is that the more challenging the vehicle (and also the more dangerous the combo) ==> the LESS important it is that the track "has places to pass" because the faster driver or the driver that is more consistent or makes better tactical driving/risk decisions WILL be able to pass and stay ahead of any lesser driver.

Incidentally, this is why I drive high power historic vehicles instead of vehicles that "produce closer races" (aka boring vehicles requiring boring tracks)

16. stonec

stonec Registered

The track itself is nice and ideal for some cars, but not for league racing. Have you ever seen a Karting league run in rF2 for example? Leagues in rF2 focus on either GT cars (endurance) or fast open wheelers (FR3.5/F1 type). Of course you can put up a league with any car, but it will not gain popularity enough to maintain it.

I don't agree, Silverstone with its 3 configurations is usable for almost any kind of racing and far from boring.

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Don't agree .....twice ;)

SR4L ran historic F3 and F2 season, this track would have fitted (is this English) those championships perfect imho. last weekend f3 fanatics did a race here with f3 historics...hehe obviously, and it turned out to be a great race.

Silverstone, well i just don't like it that much. Although i've never been there i think in rl it will be a great place to watch a race due to great atmosphere but the lay-out mweh just not to my liking.

But having said that, it all comes down to what a person likes. i don't like lay-outs with long straights, because straights are the boring parts between corners (who said that back then ;) for sure it's not a quote from me lool). Others like high speed straights where at the end of that straight you have to break down back to first gear speeds, giving great opportunity to outbreak your opponent.
    In all sims around we all can have our fun because we have such a big spread off different tracks, man if i have to learn them all i have to become at least 100 :rolleyes:

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

FINALLY got a chance to download this track, gotta say ISI Track Team you've outdone yourself this time...absolutely superb work. The terrain, the lighting, the little touches here & there...all of it simply awesome.
    As for the track itself...well I got stressed and threw my gamepad across the room (it has a long lead so got quite far!) as this, for me, is the perfect reason to race with a wheel...what a great layout, gutted I can't utilise it to its full potential.

Finally I think this track would be great in league use, sure overtaking maybe hard in bigger classes but that would add to the excitement for me, I'm sure if F1 can race at Monaco a few simmers in GTs can race here!

Great Job ISI, Thanks :)

19. richl

richl Registered

Still loving this track :cool: started using the camaro the other day, racing is very close with the ai, and the challenge is to keep consistent lap times and find the spots where the ai makes mistakes or are a tad slow. At 80 aggression they fight very hard to keep their spot and will try to repass when overtaken, I raced one car thru several turns side by side neither giving to the other, up then hill to the sharp right left combo, down the slow left turn to the front straight than the sharp left at the end of the straight. Great fun the whole time;).
    I completely understand people wanting the popular tracks, but I really enjoy racing on tracks like this, its all about having a good racing experience for me, skippys, f3's, gt3 are all fine, rear wheel drive spec cars also, anything that makes me work to be better
    (let me add for the record, I am not fast, I start in the back of the pack, and I am thrilled to finish above 7, I get a win every now and again ):cool:
    Rich

20. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I'd rather have this track than one that's already been in 20 different games.