ATI graphics optimization

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by NightnDay, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Clipboard04.png

Clipboard04-2.png

Running these Rfactor settings, with these ATI settings I get 60-70 FPS. Image quality isn't too great though!

2. Duvel

Duvel Registered

I had a feeling when you said stuttering you did mean proper stuttering, i just thought it best to throw that out there anyway as it was all i could think at the time with what had been said so far.

Race07 stutters for me without v-sync on, proper stutter and not tearing, but your issue sounds more serious than this type.

If you only go down to 100fps, why not try SS on as long as it stays above 60? it didn't impact my setup much tbh to turn it on.

Have you tried v-sync on yet though? Can you confirm with it on it still stutters? I'm interested as i am getting a little stutter myself but I have to live with it as I'm down around 45fps most of the time so can't check if v-sync solves my stutter.

3. MinDBlanK

MinDBlanK Registered

V-Sync on or off, if I turn it on my FPS drops to 30 in places. With continued pauses and jitters

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  4. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

Fixing stuttering is so hard to diagnose. I remember RBR having it, running in win7, but I tried it on winxp and it wasn't there. I just blamed microsoft for a while. Until I updated my sound drivers, voila, all fixed.
    I'm not suggesting you do that. Just saying that it could be anything.

This games performance on my lowly athlon x4 has exceeded my expectations. But is it possible to install on multiple machines? I want to test it out on my i5 (which is reserved for photoshop if you were wondering why I didn't install on that one in the first place).

5. MinDBlanK

MinDBlanK Registered

I know where your coming from Vince, but as you can see, everything is up to date or beta when it comes to drivers sadly :(

I'll just be waiting on the update that fixes it until I get my teeth into it.

6. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Its only a beta release and yets so far I'm having a blast.
    [​IMG]

I'm getting 45-65fps, everything on MAX and FULL, have turned of HDR and Reflections as i don't like the way it washes out the colours.
    sounds is set at just 10 sounds
    CCC is set to application setting, AA is set to super sample

in game set up FR is set to run at 1920x1200x32 AA level 3 vsync off

at start off race fps can drop as low as 33, but once moving goes back up quick

I;m using the 11.12 drivers on my HD6750
    cpu is i5 2500k at 4.6Ghz
    8GB DDR3 ram
    window 7 64bit.

and loving it so far :)

7. NightnDay

NightnDay Registered

45-65 fps with your system...that´s a joke !

8. StopPt

StopPt Registered

whats better? windowed or not?

9. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Has anyone had any problems installing the 11.12 drivers?, I have tried many times and end up with complete graphical problems when on my desktop, I end up having to do a system restore to correct and useing my previous driver. View attachment 465

10. Jan Breman

Jan Breman Registered

Been having the same problems with 11.12 mate. Been using 12.1c tonight seems very stable so far.

11. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

explain how the game running silky smooth with everythnig maxed out is a joke?

what fps do you think i should be getting then?

12. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

no problems here?

13. NightnDay

NightnDay Registered

I think you should be getting 80-100...

compared to other games/sims

14. corsa

corsa Registered

You can't really compare this with other games/sims yet... it is an early beta, performance optimizations usually come at the very end. They are still working on features and other bugs first.

15. Scrambles

Scrambles Registered

I can run F12011 across 3 monitors (6024x1200) maxed out with full AA and full AF and my frame rate never drops below 50fps. I can also max out DiRT 3 and Shift 2.

But with rF2 I'm experiencing low frame rates and bad stuttering (stuttering is only with other cars on track, especially bad at Mills and with Meganes). Turning Crossfire on only adds ~5fps. Dropping down to 1 monitor @ 1680x1050 increases frame rates obviously but they are still way too low (drops below 60fps at the race start with a full field of Meganes). Tearing isn't a problem for me, and turning up AA or AF doesn't hit performance too badly.

Specs:
    i7 980x
    2 x 2GB ATI 5870 (11.12 drivers)
    6GB RAM

None the less, I'm having a blast playing this online :cool:

16. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

just done a quick test round spa and it if I use Multi sample AA the fps goes to 80-120, but doesn't look as good (a few jaggies), but with Super smaple it maxes out around 77...but you really can't tell the difference and the pictures look better with Super Sample AA imho :)

so maybe a new ATI driver will change things?

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

It's only a beta.... betas are suppose to run bad. Everyone stop complaining. It's only a beta.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I am sorry but you can VERY clearly see a difference from 45 to 60. Maybe this isn't the case for everyone but I sure as hell can. Even 60 to 120 can be seen. Assuming you actually have a 120hz monitor.

19. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Really?, I ended up having bad pixels on screen and freezes, was a nightmare getting to system restore., think I,m still running 11.6.

20. kludger

kludger Registered

I don't think everyone is necessarily complaining, as long as we provide the feedback in a respectful manner, one of the reasons I decided to take part in the paid beta was to help provide beta feedback to the developers.

They need to know that on our high end systems (2500k@4.8 5870 Crossfire) that ATI AA/FF and settings maxxed still leaves a good amount of jaggies and flickering. The videos I've seen of friends running this on Nvidia 570 look perfect like it does when we on ATI turn on SuperSampling.

We should not need to turn on SuperSampling to get good AA/AF and since it costs so much framerate the ATI customers are likely to be the ones complaining about the graphics quality or the framerate.

So at this point I am enjoying rF2 with 4xAA 16xAF ~70fps+ but see a lot of jaggies that shouldn't be there, if I turn on SuperSampling it hits the FPS too much.

I hope the devs improve the ATI performance is the main feedback.