Aston Martin Vantage V8 GTE steering wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by danalm, Mar 26, 2017.

1. danalm

danalm Registered

I started a project with a friend of mine, namely Dirk Karnatz, and I think it deserves a thread here. As the title says, it's about an Aston Marting Vantage GTE replica steering wheel. I started collecting different type of wheels (I've a P310 and an OMP Superquadro already) and found that a modern GTE wheel would be a nice addition. I then went looking for options and found that the Aston had an extraordinarily good looking wheel in their actual car. The wheel can be seen in detail here:

[youtube]

My initial idea was more that the wheel is used as an inspiration. However my colleague decided that he wanted to get it as close as possible to the real thing. The end result can be seen in this video:

[youtube]

[youtube]

Also see the pics attached below.

Dirk might be interested in doing a production run of those wheels and also of others in the future (e.g. Mercedes AMG GT3, Formula Renault, etc.) and is wondering whether there would be any interest for this kind of thing. Your feedback on this regard would be therefore appreciated.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Attached Files: