Aston GT3 Setups WFG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe.Mc, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Very often after gaining 1.5 seconds 'with setup' you can jump back on default and still gain 1.2s. But many people never try it again so they don't realise that.

Of course I'm not including soft tyres, lowering pressures, taking out fuel in that. For me they aren't really setup tweaks, though being lazy I'll still avoid even those if it's not about raw hotlap pace.

Ronnie likes this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It may be, but ... I always do a full loaded sting, then I make changes to the set, I try again and when I'm comfortable, I try to empty fuel, but no, the default is not better, at least in my way of driving

3. slatanek

slatanek Registered

in my experience softening the car goes a long way in helping with managing the weight transitions and helps me build confidence with the way I'm driving. especially at Sebring which is bumpy as hell in a couple important cornering/braking spots.
    EDIT: for whatever reason all new cars in all sims are set up very stiff at default - not what I see irl at 24h of Spa for instance (I attend it almost yearly so had enough time to watch the cars behaviour in various situations)

juanchioooo likes this.