Asterisk means what?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by peevee, Jun 24, 2016.

1. peevee

peevee Registered

Hi
    Have a question about the italicized package names accompanied by an asterisk in the RF2 Launcher interface as per the screengrab herewith.
    What does this mean or what is purpose of this?
    Tried to install DTM 2016 (a DTM skins package for URD T5 mod) but it won't install remains italicized and with asterisk - used to work fine before I migrated to steam...
    Any input appreciated.
    Cheers
    PV
    View attachment 20212

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess it means, this mod/track is used by a rfm mod.

//Edit: maybe it`s used to show, if a component is a part of a multi component package, too.

3. peevee

peevee Registered

Thanks Juergen but that does not clarify the matter for me and I have no multi component packages installed to my knowledge.
    No explanation from ISI or support on this query?

4. stonec

stonec Registered

It means component is dependent on one or more rfmods (not multi-cmp, but those mods that get installed every time you join a server), you can hover over with mouse and wait for tooltip to show which components it is. Since you have Steam install, components will be dependent on RaceEvent rfmods, which are by default installed for every user.

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

If you hover over them, it will tell you what is using them. Then you need to uninstall those first, and the asterisks will disappear so you can remove them as well.