assisted start

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by valdo, Mar 21, 2018.

1. valdo

valdo Registered

I am one of the managers of a non-profit league, and we were told that some riders starting the race with help
    You can accelerate everything with the gear engaged without stepping on the brake or clutch and the car does not start to burn, where I can set to remove this option on a dedicated vps server or release that for all riders
    Thanks for the answer

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If this is what I'm thinking it's actually a car feature, would have to be removed from the physic files of the mod you are using.

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In your player.JSON there is this line:
    "Hold Clutch On Start":true,
    "Hold Clutch On Start#":"For auto-shifting only: whether to hold clutch for standing start (to allow revving without moving)",
    That is the default setting as far as I know, I have never tried auto shifting until after I saw this setting.

I just tested this.
    A player can assign a button to turn Auto Shift on or off, which when turned on also turns on Auto Clutch.
    At the start of a standing start race you just sit there full throttle, engine bouncing on the rev limit.
    As soon as the race starts you are off the line with no bogging down.
    The player then hits the button to turn auto shift off and now has manual control over the gears.
    As for "the car does not start to burn", I'm not too sure what you mean but when I tried my test in the S397 McLaren GT3, there was no tyre spinning and there would be minimal engine damage if it redlines for a second or two.

Server settings, turn off auto shifting.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For the start itself, as above; disable auto-shifting and you shouldn't have that being used anymore.

If Launch Control is being used that's a mod feature. You should be able to spot this in the server replay because people will sit at quite high revs (but not revving out) before the light goes green. Depending on the mod it will either just limit wheelspin (it uses traction control) or can also automatically shift through the gears for that first acceleration phase. To disable that you'd need to edit the mod I think, the better/easier option is to just teach everyone else how to use it.