Assigning an rfm to a Mod

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Lgel, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello,

I see that all the mod I have installed from ISI or third parties run under the catch all All Cars & Tracks rfm.
    I would like to assign a specific RFM to a mod, is there a way to do that?
    I try to have specific rules apply for a certain mod, and a specfic background as it was possible in RF1.

It seems to work in Dev Mode, I haven't found the way, wether with a single component or a multi component.
    I also tried to build a Vmod, following Noel's sample, I assign the rfm, their icons, I package, and after installation it says damaged mode.

Does someone have a clue?

Thanks for help.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Run MAS2, click the package button, then click "Create new mod package". The first screen will prompt you for the icons and an rfm template. Then you just select the cars and tracks you with to include.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Did that again, and this time I selected a track, and it worked, after cleaning the registry of the tool as suggested in one thread.

Thanks again Noel.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Vmod with filter for all tracks

Is there a way to make a Vmod (dedicated rfm, dedicated icons, and vehicles list) but allowing all tracks like it was possible in RF1.

If yes what is the syntax?

Thanks for your help.

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Oké, how about this one. Note that I have my own mod (F1RFT2013 single player).
    Say, I want to have a multi-component, containing a vehicle component, a sound component, a talent component and some 3rd party HUD, but without any tracks. It packages and installs just fine. No problem here at all.
    Then, I want to offer people a complete "Trackpack", a zip file containing 19 tracks. The zip file should (by the user) be unzipped in the packages directory. In the (old) Mod Manager, people should install all the 19 single components (tracks). Installs just fine, no problem here at all.
    Then lastly, I would like to offer people a rFmod file, that links the 19 tracks with the multi-component and also with the F1 2013 rules. By going this way, I need (of course) a separate RFM file. So here is what I did and didn't work on 2 different clean lite installs:
    - 1. I made sure that I installed my multi-component with all the 19 tracks;
    - 2. I start up the MAS tool, select creating new rFmod package, assign name as well as the rFm file and the two DDS files;
    - 3. In the next screen I select the multi-component as well as all the 19 tracks. But I untick the boxes in front of them (as I don't want the components to be installed another time, I only want them to be linked).
    It packages just fine and I end up with a rFmod file of only a several hundreds kBs. I close the MAS tool and made sure the rFmod is placed into the packages directory.
    But now comes the really really strange thing. When I open the (old) Mod Manager, the new rFmod file is nowhere to be seen. It simply doesn't show up in the list! All the other mods and components are visible, but not the small file I just created.

Did I do something wrong here, I did I just found another bug?

BTW, I let Lgel do the test if it is seen in case no tracks are installed, and that seems to be the case (allthough the rFmod then (of course) installs as "damaged mod"). So that means for me that the rFmod itself is totally fine.