Assetto corsa ,,,,

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kek700, Sep 30, 2015.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Where can we see a test like this for rF2 and AC please

Project Cars, my stock 4690/H97 is a few hairs off a overclocked i7.

30% fps loss in the rain. p

4690-GTX970 looks best bang for buck @1080 there imho lol .... don't need a Z board or K chip, fast ram or overclocking so you can save on cooling as well.

http://www.techspot.com/review/1000-project-cars-benchmarks/page5.html

2. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...3x-monitors-surround-2d-3d-3d-vision-2.91750/

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

In looking at those results, I wonder how many times guys overclock for all out CPU/GPU cycles and end up with negative results by pushing just that little bit too far.
    Pushing components to the point where throttling and other heat related issues occur, will always negate what could have been potential gains.
    I run RF2, AC and a whole list of sims with good results on a three year-old X79 board with I7-3820 and a GTX970.
    A few years back, I figured I'd concentrate my effort on just optimizing what was there... and in some cases not being used to full potential.
    Instead of going for all out overclock, I did things like getting the videocard to work properly at PCI-e 3, instead of 1.1 or 2.0.
    That's huge for RF2 and AC.
    I went for things like better hard-drive and case cooling...better case flow..better software integration, etc...
    The result is a better gaming experience all around.
    The one massive by-product was all around smoothness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnONntgyHAY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgGm4jtvPLI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9UOb8PMc7s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8jAglEmUKg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNRLNnfWb_A

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Wow, this is some old crap! :rolleyes:
    /sarcasm

But all in all you are surely right! Only that with your hardware you don´t have to stretch you anyways.
    However, your 480p vid is not really the way to proof this! LOL!

5. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

It's there to show smoothness running with older hardware if it's properly optimized.
    Three years old in computer speak is a whole other world in terms of development.
    Since SB-e we've seen Ivy-Bridge, Haswell/Devil's Canyon and now Skylake.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

As someone that has ran toasters for all my life I say calling an i7 3xxx (specially the 3820!!!)and a GTX970 "old" to justify some stuff is pretty stupid. But that's just my opinion
    Heck I've seen i7 from first generations that are still kicking butts lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2015
  7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

He was just havin' a go ( joking) ;)

lool

....and spend $100's more on hardware doing it. ;)

I have forever battled people in threads that spec some poor guy on a budget a 4770K , Hi end mobo, cooler and ram oh and you must have a SSD ( lmao ) .........all they do is sacrifice GPU grunt.

=================================

I have a bone to pick with Spin. hehehe

I got a Samsung EVO for my OS and main sims
    He said they are AWESOME.

It is barely faster then a black Caviar when it comes to regards of sim loading !

Even the gain over old slow worn 60GB Force3 corsair as a OS are barely noticeable. !@!

It does not even load Windows faster. !@!

I am shattered , serious it is one of the worst bang for buck things I have EVER brought for a PC. :( :( :(

lol

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

One article is done in a lab with 15 video cards and processors.

That is a owners rig.

I appreciate it but like I said first asked where is a PROPER review like the pCars one.

That tests 15 cards , CPU from 2.5 to 4.5 Ghz etc etc

It was a simple straight forward question ? :)

All these compare tests at rF2 are OLD, even one above is 6 months old but has usable understandable info.

Only way to do tests comparing hardware is to run everything to the Max

Not with reduced settings or NV Inspector.

----------------------

Has anyone tried this build running their GTX970 with no NV profile and ISI Level8 / FXAA ?

You may get a pleasant surprise...........

9. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I'll just give you the benefit of doubt, as I suspect you just did not read the entire topic.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

In my system rF2 would run maxed out with a better GPU. The rest of my PC is fine, it's always funny seeing some of the specs that folks recommend.

11. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Your system absolutely would.
    One of the biggest gains I saw, was getting the videocard to run at PCI-e 3.
    I just couldn't believe one setting could make such a huge difference.
    I'll sometimes glance over during a track session with both AC and RF2 and the scenery is just 'fluid' for lap after lap.
    I installed a couple of TRI-cool fans in the front of my Antec case and the temps went way down on everything.
    Every bit of optimization helps to improve the gaming experience...not just 'chucking' money at a box.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If they don't like it, Steam offers refunds. Without a publisher controlling us, we're making what we want to make. Should be pretty thankful for that really, unless you wanted another crappy racing game clone.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Durge, my benchmark is dated now, but it was a "legit" test. I didnt mess around with NV Inspector with regards to all sorts of weird settings that would have given skewed results or anything like that.

And a lot of game loading is CPU dependant/bottlenecked not SSD/HDD because the CPU is uncompressing all sorts of game loading filed and such. It deoends on the game. Some games, though, make a massive difference with an SSD and it should make a huge difference with any sort of storage activity including day-to-day stuff, Windows, etc.

Devil's Canyon pretty much is Haswell, and Broadwell seems like it's going to be skipped for the higher end stuff and going straight to Skylake.

Sandy is honestly hardly old. SB --> IB --> Hswl/DC all only had like, what, 5%, 10%, gains from one-another?

As long as you're running full PCI-E 3.0 @ 16x then there's not going to be much difference between a 6 core, 12 thread 3930k, 4930k, and 5930k.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I tell you why I asked................. this is reprint from NG.

Still can't believe it :)

So when I got home I tested existing OS driver uninstall reinstall yadda and never enabled NV Inspector just yet.

I tested rF2 A C and pCars in game settings they were all lovely , rF2 has never looked as good, obviously because of increased settings
    but I just can't for the life of me see why I need a profile, jags, fps and smoothness is lovely.

I still don't like HDR with my F3 ........ going to be fantastic at night but. :)

Friend up road I fix PCs for nothing brought me new headphones ( mine broke ) MatF1 brought he best thing I ever had ( GT2 ) now a GTX970. I am so humbled you got no ideas.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I only having a go at you Spin. lol

Love the new hardrive Evo 250GB , I could only afford because the guys son brought my GTX670 and PSU I had would run it for 150 and drive was 149 ( remember aussie dollar ) I advertised it here hoping to raise enough cash for GTX970.

I said as far back as I can remember it is processes you wait for yeah :)

Like opening a movie in sata archive which opens VLC on SSD ;)

I can't afford space for my backup partition on Black to SSD ( apps /drivers/docs/downloads / photos / wallpapers yadda ) and really I do not think any of that stuff would gain enough to warrant it.
    May save like 5-10 minutes in a fresh OS back to sim ready status which is cool.

I miss out because I do not run everyday stuff like you say Spin, I bet Word would open in a micro second. lool ;)

Good thing now is I have Spare 60GB corsair I could slot in between SSD and Black as my Backup partition or use it for W10 GTX970 tests so I don't have to mess about swapping images. See if I can get rid of that W10 rF2 stutter. I have hopes of a sort. hehehe

P.S. Spin

So thanks it was honestly your thoughts on samsung made me get one and please don't go on about how I get the crapper model. lool ;)

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Evo is fantastic Durge, most models are great nowadays.

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Sorry...was drinking and thinking of ISI forumso end up posting crap.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Would not give it a second thought ;)

Just be nice to have these ProjectCars test guys go one step further and do all new gen sims together.
    http://www.techspot.com/review/1000-project-cars-benchmarks/

I am not saying their results are correct but they pretty creditable bunch and I found a things like under clock and rain interesting.

Also the in game settings with pics was handy.

But yeah take it step further and add 3 screen and multi GPU tests for sure

Would make a fantastic article.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Some of the pCARS guys are great and very diligent. One guy, Jussi, was one of the helpful ones with tech tests and such.

20. petesky

petesky Registered

Being a long time AC player I just bought rf2, spend hours tweaking it so it'll run smooth, nearly gave up, glad i didn't...only tried a few laps on old spa with the nsx..even though i have no ffb on the crappy g290 wheel it drives excellent...it's a different drive from AC...graphics wise i think it looks great, bit worried after reading reviews the general opinion is rf2 looks dated..but it's got its own style...I wouldnt say it looks worst than AC, just different...the replay cameras are really cool..esp the helicopter cams. Performance wise I tried the demo like a year ago, ran like a dog on my 2500k 7990hd system, but 40% off was too good an offer..bought it, frame rate seems to be better but a stuttering mess. Switching between window and fullscreen mode seemed to fix it for me..now its smooth. haven't tried a field of cars yet...i can get steady 50fps on AC with 24 cars so hopefully rf2 can do the same. of course AC have have better licensed content and laser scanned tracks thats one area rf2 is lacking..but it's got historic spa and monaco which is awesome. Looking forward to explore rf2 more.