Assetto corsa ,,,,

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kek700, Sep 30, 2015.

1. stonec

stonec Member

But will ACC use a first-principles physical tire model like iRacing and rF2 are using? This was probably the reason they didn't have visual flex in old AC, because the entire tire model was mathematical (with nothing really rotating), so it doesn't naturally get translated in graphics. Maybe they now do some graphical tricks to match what is being calculated, but I doubt it will be same as in rF2, i.e. a physically simulated rotating tire.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I think they have a good plan even though I'm not exited about GT3's plus no Nordschleife but if the physics are good it doesn't really matter. It will draw you in.

3. Uff

Uff Registered

No idea: I guess we'll learn more about it in September. :) As far as I know, in AC1 they didn't implement tyre flex in terms of graphical effect simply because they didn't consider it a priority, it wasn't anything related to the physic engine or the impossibility to do it.
    In his recent message, Aris said (full message here)

"The tyre model has been heavily reworked. 3 dimensional flex of footprint and sidewalls with specific rates for each axis that are also influenced by the pressure and temperature. Temperatures now have even more layers and even get affected by brakes heating. Pressure heat and wear do not only change a simple grip variation but also the actual behaviour of the tyre, affecting values of slipangle, slipratio, and the grip curve as a whole. You're not only feeling a different grip but a different response too. Tyre also has a different response depending on the different surfaces it touches."

Considering that the team now hired a mechanical engineer (if I recall correctly), we should expect a nice step forward compared to AC1. The feeling of driving on puddles was very cool when I tried the sim in Misano, you could feel very well the car pulling in the puddle direction. As usual, the more competition, the merrier for us simracers. :)

vegaguy5555 and Guimengo like this.
  4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

This is something PC2 doesn't have enough detail in the puddles. The car feels predestin when I touch water. Now that I think of it, rF2 doesn't have puddles? Which I think are over done in PC2 on tracks like Le Mans. There doesn't seem to be any crown to the track at all. Is Le Mans really like that?