Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Better than AC by far . weird FPS hit after 10 minutes or so ? lack of fidelity and strange slow motion over rotation (with out working on set) .

Base for what will probably be worthy of a spot in a simracers library , eventually ..
    for now it can just rest in the back room.

vegaguy5555, fsuarez79 and Louis like this.
  2. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Hey guys, any magical configuration to make Fanatec CSL Elite less mediocre in ACC?
    Initially, I thought that FFB would be better judging by the comments. It feels to me as lifeless as vanilla AC.
    If there's no magic I'll refund it.

3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Could that FPS hit be temperature related, maybe gpu or cpu throttling

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

fps reduction after a a few minutes happens to me as well and many other ppl and maybe its a memory leak or smt
    it is not users hardware related issue
    its mostly cause its beta version

5. bwana

bwana Registered

I’d hope not , only did about 10 laps.. Was running epic settings in medium rain so l guess pushing my system .

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I can't hack the Flat Screen any more so have put down ACC until next month when VR arrives, then I'll play some more and try and come to terms with the FFB which I'm still on the fence about.

bluet, vegaguy5555, GrimDad and 3 others like this.
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

anyone interested Kunos are redoing the dampening and adding more ffb options.. shame i like it as it is. .

Attached Files:

8. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I don't think it's too bad either tho it takes a bit of time to get used to it. Feels less fake than AC to me but AC users probably want it to feel more like AC *sigh*. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

LokiD and vegaguy5555 like this.
  9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

thanks for good feedback, I'll be giving this a miss

10. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

More realistic than AC1?? How can that be? (Major sarcasm)

fsuarez79 and LokiD like this.
  11. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

So it is going to be actually 3 FFB versions that we are talking about right?
    EA release, hotfix and this new one promised to R2.
    Because they released the hotfix in sep 14 and people reported that it was fixed like confirmed here.

I actually liked the previous one simply because it was so much different. You can always go back to the argument that if two or more titles are realistic they should converge to the same results.
    But isn't cool to have two different "flavours" both of them giving the impression of being realistic or at least coherent?

12. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Puddle maps in rFactor 2 are based on where we know they appear on the track, so for example at Sebring they are directly based on the laser scan data we have. They are in fact little "height maps". Our real road system keeps track of the amount of water at each location on the track and this is how puddle maps are linked to physics, because the size of the puddle comes directly from the amount of water at that particular point on the track and this is how puddles ARE linked to the physics.

13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding to puddles in sims right now. When people say that puddles aren't simulated right now in rF2, they propably refer to the fact that you don't get aquaplaning in rF2. With PCars 2 or ACC that's possible. Even if it feels a bit artificial there, it's a step in the right direction for simulating wet racing. And I guess many people are hoping for something similar in rF2. There was discussion about this a long time ago when ISI started working on aquaplaning iirc.

14. bwana

bwana Registered

Been told again momo , suggest fact checking as an entre before a mouth full of foot

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Im sure its coming. Cant go down the road of the non-sim's out there who doesnt give a crap about simmers and their gear. :)

Louis likes this.
  16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Exactly this....
    i hope we gonna see more real road updates in the future :)

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

In fact there is not even knowing whether or not the game will be good to buy it ....

Knowing we have 5 fabulous GT3 and 3 fabulous GTE on our favorite simulation, the question is to ask if it is really useful (and loose 25 €) to buy a game or there will be ONLY GT3 .....

The question I buy or I do not buy is quickly answered.

Not to mention realism or anything else.

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If you wanna compare you have to be honest with this... that $25 includes 11 tracks (10 from 2018 +1 from 2019 season free update) and like 13 manufacturers (from 2018) with 14 or 17 models total (for 2019 720S GT3, new Aston, EVO update for Lambo and Audi).
    The 5 fabulous GT3 are not so fabulous, the Radical... nobody cares about it, not even in rea life it seems lol, the AMG ffb still has issues for many people, the quality of the cars are not so good, basic stuff like rpm leds still not adjusted, poor onboard tv cams... refuel times are not even synced... :rolleyes:

19. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Yes. I got told that there is no aquaplaning. LOL.

20. kimbo

kimbo Registered

These three new Mclaren cars, are specially recommended for you, Usedmomo, the three are formula cars, without roof, perfect for cuckolds...