Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

rFactor 2 also did not use the best possible engine, consumes too many resources and looks like an old game.
    ACC has opted for a future graphic engine, at the moment it is very heavy, but with the hardware advance it will be less heavy, this has happened with rF2.

Surely ACC contains errors and inherits others from AC1, but rFactor also has them. The variable climate has just appeared in ACC, still simulates the aquaplaning produced by the puddles that form in the irregularities of the track.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

If it looks like an old game or not is still in the eye of the beholder and it certainly doesn't take much more ressources than comparable sims. From a pure usabilty perspective as a sim, rF2 and even some "older" products are the far better solution right now, when it comes to image sharpness and FPS stability. A racing sim is much more than it's graphics engine. Netcode, AI, colission, physics engine, input lag, support of periphals, FFB, sound, plugin support ... the list is endless. If I had to guess how many professional teams are still prefering good ol' rF1 over AC/ACC, then it is pretty clear that next gen graphics and outstanding sounds are far down the requirement list. We customer sim users are a bit different, I will admit that. How good ACC really is compared to the compeding products, needs to be seen. Let's have that discussion in seven years. ;)

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

not sure if its some egos here being too high, but maybe try lowering the AI, I have a respectable ai setting and very high aggression and ive hardly been hit by the AI, no more than I do say in rf2! Had some great racing in ACC, its truly the next best thing and the wet racing. Well lets say rf2 has some catching up to do!

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

This has nothing to do with egos Dan. For testing purposes I mostly go with default settings wich are at 90%-ish and slow as hell. Tested the newest version and the AI behaves better now, but still very erratic in some places. I don't know what it is, but the sim still doesn't hook me and it feels disconnected, wich is mostly down to performance/visual quality ratio. I guess I just will have to wait until my hardware catches up. Fidelity is very important for me, so ACC will have to wait on the shelf.

5. tpw

tpw Registered

The AI aggression is bugged, or maybe just the slider is backwards. Aggression 0 = psychopaths. Aggression 100 = pussycats. Since I worked this out I’ve been having a ball racing the AI at 88-90% skill 90% aggression. The game is audio visually astonishing (apart from the shit AA) and the overall experience is pretty amazing for an EA. Some YouTuber commented about the holy trinity of simracing, a title that looked PCars2, sounded like R3E and drove like rF2. In my opinion ACC is getting closer to this with every patch.

6. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

This is wonderful!

7. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Two questions. I have no idea of the answers.

1) To what extent is all of that real physics and not just graphics?
    2) Does this show a (understandable) compromise of "AIW dry line" (where maybe the physics are dynamic) vs. "rest of the track"?
    ACCdryline.JPG
    Some very odd skid marks
    accSkidmarks.JPG

8. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Pls check personal messages.

9. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

1: ACC forum information
    Rain.
    Rain in ACC is not simulated by simply lowering the grip. We simulate mathematically an actual water film depth. Tyres go over it and depending on tread design, load, speed and more, they manage to drain the water out and have a contact with the ground… or not. If the tyre can’t drain enough water, then it starts losing contact, up to complete aquaplaning, which means total loss of grip, zero, null, nada. So in ACC the feeling you get from a wet circuit is a good grip but a constant feeling of “something is about to happen”. You might do a turn in a specific way and feel there’s more than enough grip, you might even think “hey that was easy after all, arcade™!”, only to push a tiny bit more the lap after, or have the rain fall harder 3 laps later and go completely aquaplaning sliding out of the corner. The wetness also lowers drastically the heat generated by the surface layer of the tyre, so temperature of the tyres will go down inevitably.

Slicks can go into aquaplaning very VERY easy. I strongly suggest that you watch the first laps of the Hungaroring race1 of the Blancpain GT Series to understand how cars on slick struggle on damp conditions, but also how the BMW M6 that had wet tyres could work his way from 11th position to 2nd and struggle right afterwards when the dry line started to form. You can also see him searching for wet spots to cool down the wet tyres. Here's the video. Race starts in 33:00

Also in ACC wet tyres will overheat dramatically in dry conditions and you can cool them down going outside the dry line, searching for wet spots. Beware that in such conditions it’s easy to place one side of a car in the wet spot or puddle, resulting in high rolling resistance force from the water depth (and sudden aquaplaning) that can easily destabilze your car.
    I will also mention the obvious…there is no way you can stay on the track under heavy rain on slick tyres. We’re not talking being slow or having difficulties to control the car… we’re talking complete and utter loss of control and sliding around on “ice”. Fear not though, for people that want to experience the graphical majesty of rain conditions but in a less hardcore grip situation, we have a nice option slider that will lower the amount of physics water… just for fun.
    Staying on the dynamic track subject, here’s how a track surface changes through different conditions.

• A green track will get gradually rubbered. marbles can appear at the side of the rubbered line
    • If rain starts then (depending on the force) it will wet the track and the rubbered line will start to be very slippery. You might be forced to avoid it or explore alternative lines.
    • If rain keeps on pouring heavy enough, it will clean the rubbered line and you might be able to turn back to a more traditional racing line. When this happens? I don’t know, try, experiment and find out!
    • If rain keeps on going, puddles and “rivers” might start forming. Those also might force you to try different lines again. Puddles and rivers are placed in specific realistic places on the circuits, derived from actual drivers feedback and their onboard videos.
    • If rain is lighter or stops and many cars are lapping, a dry line might form or simply a “less wet” line. You will obviously have more grip over the dry line but wet tyres will overheat.
    • Finally puddles will be the last to dry out, so watch out even if the track is slightly damp and slick tyres are faster, puddles can still catch you out.
    Obviously this is a generic description of how the whole system works: in reality and when the whole thing will be finalized, your experience might vary a lot and can become more unpredictable. The whole idea behind it, is to have deal with unpredictable conditions that will force you to adapt.

2:I do not understand the question, it is difficult when I do not master this language.

3:I do not understand the question, it is difficult when I do not master this language.

10. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

we already have date!

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Are alternative racing lines in the wet a thing already ?

12. mr.Sw1tchblade

Yep. And Kunos will make some tweaks before release for sure.

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't believe that it is implemented :D, but this will motivate me to try AC now, thats for sure.

14. mr.Sw1tchblade

Yep better try it yourself. Or ask @LokiD :)
    I am a beginner sim racer . Started from pcars2.

LokiD likes this.
  15. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Has been fixed the netcode or still have the Kunos' DNA?, you have a minimum impact with a car and that triggers a nuclear fusion turning the incident a race with the Voyager 1 to see which of the two vehicles is further away from planet Earth?.

EsxPaul likes this.
  16. mr.Sw1tchblade

Again try it. You know netcode was completely rewritten one time during development. Now they making tweaks. And devs are very active at the official forum. Some people are happy already some not. As always.
    I dont have jumping cars during online races. But i have stuttering in multiplayer sometimes. As i know it caused by servers, not game itself.

GeraArg likes this.
  17. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

I'm going to try again this weekend. ;)
    I do not ask that it be like Raceroom (a flawless work) but something not extremely frustrating like Assetto Corsa or Netkar Pro, the netcode in that games just sucks bad :/

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  18. mr.Sw1tchblade

I am living in Russia and our government still trying to deal with Telegram. Our ISPs forced to block some resources from time to time. In case of multiplayer i have... well interesting results because of this sometimes :)

And also i don't want to start hollywar itt nor become Kunos sales manager :)

19. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

I'm not going to start a flame war with you!!! :p
    I recognize Kunos other things, Assetto Corsa brought many new simracers thanks to his eye candy graphics and sounds (ACC is a blast in this area) in a proper sim, something very good for the community. But they forgot those who use sims for online/multiplayer racing.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  20. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

the first version of the online was a disaster, now it has been rewritten and is stable and rare things do not happen. The collisions now work well.

Although in the online races there are people who are not careful, who only go to bother.

I'm looking forward to trying the online when it's finished, when a system similar to iRacing is implemented the thing will change