Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I do not know if you were talking to me.

I use the standard AI settings, 95%, 25%, 5% if I remember correctly.

Regarding my speed, I'm faster than AI in almost all cases (a little), except with some rare cars (1960 indycar ...) : I like being a little better so I do not have to outdo myself.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Its a part of the temporal anti aliasing so it will never be gone. Maybe its not visible for single screen user with with a small overall fov, but in VR or with real fov its ugly

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I dropped the ai to 80 and the aggression from 85 to 60 and still had the same issue

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Are you guys happy with ACC overall? Physics/FFB compared to rF2?

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Physics and FFB very good, the latter was iffy at the beginning but since I've got more used too it I'm finding it very good. I'm no physics guru but I have full trust in Kunos in relaying what they code into what we perceive in the Sim, and seeing as they've had direct help from Blancpain Teams/Engineers/Drivers it's hard to argue otherwise really, to me it feels good.

Overall, well it's EA, full of issues and plenty of unreleased areas yet to be delivered, VR performance is poor for me so I'm hoping there's more optimisation to come, it's come a long way since the first release and it's getting better and better simply put.

Dookie, EsxPaul, TJones and 1 other person like this.
  6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I liked the physics and FFB, but I really can't understand how a simulator can have no damage whatsoever. I also noticed no flat spots. (I did not try latest patch, has damage been implemented?) So it is a good start, but I really hope to see damage (not visual, physical), flat spots and safety car. For now I uninstalled it.
    Oh and also, no rich shared memory, so no CC available, without going unofficial route.

Alex72 likes this.
  7. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Another quote from Kunos:

flat spots have been a trademark of our games for ages, since netKar PRO that was the first ever to introduce the feature to the sim world.

it's in the to do list although not really high priority considering all the cars in ACC use ABS.

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Sure, but ABS or not, slicks can get damaged, so having none is quite the simplification imho.
    Any word on collision damage? I find lack of it quite offputting. Mistakes should be painful.

Alex72 likes this.
  9. mr.Sw1tchblade

Idk and i am too lazy to search acc forum :) I know they are working on collision physics for multiplayer use now.
    Tyre damage: 20190308133416.png

The Iron Wolf and Alex72 like this.
  10. mr.Sw1tchblade

Ai in action :)

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

wish they'd make ACC look less like a MMORPG world >_<"

12. mr.Sw1tchblade

Hmm
    20190313150107_1.jpg 20190324001553.png

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Going out on a limb here. But I really like acc, one of my top played sims.

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's the big problem with ACC - it looks outstanding in places where it doesn't matter. I mean, how often do I look under my seat in a racing sim? Where it really matters, the performance is horrendous and the image so blurry that I have issues to read the dash. Car modeling has allways been a strong point of Kunos, no question and it would be idiotic to argue about that. But I would rather have a fluid, sharp and smooth experience than a fantasticly detailed object that I won't look at in 100% of my seat time.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

His post doesn't even make sense anyway. ACC looks like a MMORPG due to the very dark colors even in mid day (typical of UE4 if you played other games that use this engine), nothing to do with model details or anything, doesn't mean the game look bad either.
    To me ACC looks like Paragon and this is not cool for something trying to simulate reality. They need to get their color palette right

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I totally agree with you, what is the point of seeing the water drop if it is not in a repetition or a TV broadcast, if I go inside the car driving that matters the seat or the gas cap, even on TV those details are not perceived so much, especially the tiny drops of water, with a remote TV camera,if it is under the seat, or the side, even the interior of the door, I prefer fluids and simulation, for that and this project cars,ACC I do not like much

17. mr.Sw1tchblade

@Will Mazeo Eve online is the only one alive now mmorpg i ever played. So for me ACC doesn't look like mmorpg.
    Hellblade and pubg on other hand is bright enough for me.

juanchioooo likes this.
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Good for you then.

19. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

ACC every day is much better, today is the simulator that I spend the most time, is a delight in terms of simulation and FFB, the sound is also impressive, graphically has a lot of potential but today has many problems in this section, the AI has improved significantly in this version and the CPU consumption too, the online is very stable, the rain is incredible, without fear of being wrong I would say that there is no better rain in a simulator.

I hope they do not take long to add the online promised, the damage of the car, to solve the multiple graphic problems and get to optimize much more the requirements of the system.

I'm going to burn virtual gasoline :)

F1Aussie, mr.Sw1tchblade and MarcG like this.
  20. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I hope this is the case. It's a solid game but I haven't been impressed by the AI so far. I'll wait until full release to try again.
    AI will need to be rF2 level of good for me to seriously consider it.