Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I bet you are an online player... ? ;)

The AI always causes me accidents, so much so that I can not play long with the damage at 100%. It ruins my pleasure.
    With standard AI settings, all officials cars, all officials tracks + senormen and other good tracks.

And there are many other problems.

AI is bad on rF2.
    That's not subjective, that's a fact !

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The surprise would be something you say that is not a fact for you lol

Emery and jayarrbee36 like this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

ok, lol

4. Filip

Filip Registered

It certainly isn't "absolutely horrible, a disaster"

F1Aussie likes this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Please provide video evidence of your AI incidents.

Dookie likes this.
  6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

No time for that.

If S397 is unaware of these many problems, it is that they are not doing their job properly.

The question is rather :
    do they want to correct these problems.

I have more than 3000 hours of rF2 exclusively offline (steam), I think I know what I'm talking about.

Do not want to waste time making videos, there is nothing to prove.

EDIT :
    But we are offtopic, so I stop talking about the AI.
    But Hard to understand that some people find correct or good the rF2 AI, probably onliner simracers.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If you can't provide the "facts" as you call them then you will be ignored, provide evidence to help fix issues, don't rant for the sake of wanting to be seen.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Let's be honest, if the rF2 AI is that bad, then how bad is the AI in the rest of the platforms? Maybe you should do more offline racing in other sims to see if the glass is really half empty. I do most of my racing offline in the different sims and I can tell you for sure that the rF2 AI is still the best, even with the little bugs and issues that it currently shows. AI in AC and ACC is propably the worst right now btw, if you like to touch that topic here in the right place ;)

Kunos has to do alot of work, if they really consider to offer this as a GTR3 like expeirence, because right now I don't see myself spending time against AI that keeps driving through me completely ignoring the player. And this comes from someone who enjoys driving in ACC alot more than in AC.

juanchioooo and MarcG like this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've found the opposite, AI in ACC much better than AC, certainly in recent updates (including the very recent 0.6.X ones) they have improved further. No, still not up to RF2 levels, but Kunos are heading in the right direction with them IMO, lots of work to do but they're showing promise with regards to AI.

hitm4k3r likes this.
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I only play at rF2 (a little AMS).

So you're probably right, the AI rF2 is perhaps not worse than in other sims.

But frankly I find them very bad, and what annoys me the most is the fact that the AI damages my car, which forces me to put the invulnerability while all my rF2 is configured for maximum realism.

Sorry for the offtopic, I stop there!

11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I should have mentioned, that I consider ACC a big step basicly in every departement that isn't graphics and performance related compared to AC. But honestly, Kunos shouldn't aim to be better than AC, when it comes to offline racing. I recently have seen AI issues with AC that are so horrendous that I can't even consider it "playable" with AI not even being able to get away from the grid and sitting there for the rest of the race. That's just how bad it is. They need to be right up there with AMS or better, if they plan to offer that offline experience, that so many people are waiting for. The least I expect is AI being aware of the player and that's where most platforms with the exception of one platform struggle. Recently I am doing a offline championship with AMS and it isn't all as good either. There are clear points where the AI simply fails.

12. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Tracks maybe, but i dont care. I have seen ai goes airborne at Sebring for example. I havent seen this kind of ai errors in other sims.

13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

If you have GTR2, then make a test for yourself at Enna Pergusa and see how far you get without cars getting airbourne. That said, cars colliding or going airbourne is nothing that makes or breaks the AI in a game. It happens in real life aswell and as long it is not happening every lap, I see no issues with it and even welcome it to make the experience more believable. AI that makes no mistakes is worse than a field of AI being on rails. What I consider the biggest issue right now with most platforms is AI vs player interaction. If you spin and the AI simply drive simply into you, then you know that there is an issue. The worst case is, if you have to avoid AI like obstacles and not like opponents.

14. tpw

tpw Registered

For a brief time with the 0.6 release I thought the ACC AI were actually pretty decent, and capable of enjoyable close racing with some degree of sportsmanship (92% skill / 70% aggression). Changes to AI pace with 0.6.4 seem to have involved complete removal of AI awareness of the player, to the extent that the constant AI shunting, diving, brake checking and turning in on the player can make it difficult to complete a lap even at 80% skill / 0% aggression. Stefano indicated that he does all his AI testing at >94% skill, so may have missed the rampant misbehaviour of AI at lower values. I hope it’s eventually addressed, I’m back to hotlapping for the time being in ACC, and appreciating rF2’s AI all the more.

AI aside, I continue to be more and more impressed with the visuals, sounds, physics and FFB and improved performance of ACC.

F1Aussie and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

The improvements in rf2 are horrendously slow though. Except for the dx11 update the only other thing I can recall in the last year and a half that has come along is a little bit of DLC.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Agree, tried a couple of races in ACC last night and I had to give up, got constantly torpedoed and spun around multiple times, before these latest updates I could not complain about the ai

mesfigas likes this.
  17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

funny ive had no issues with ai, maybe your setting them too high for your speed?

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

There has been tons off little and bigger stuff for rF2 that improved the core game quite significantly. People tend to forget that often, but adjustable TC and ABS in the setup, a big on update on the rain implementation, improvements to the tire model, the whole PBR update that is still ongoing aswell as little details like the puddle maps or the number plates are just a few example from the top of my head. If you carefully read the changelogs and roadmaps, you will actually notice what a big undertaking it was and still is. And once we get our hands on the new UI and competition system most of us should understand, that S397 aren't horrendously slow but just busy. People just tend to underestimate how much work involved and I feel that all sim devs are doing a pretty amazing job supporting their software and getting in touch with the customers. If I look at the triple AAA game market, I am just glad that we have 5 years and more support for the softwares, that we use ona regular base. I am not sure if Kunos will do the same with ACC as I get the impression that this more as a testing field for AC2.

@LokiD I had the AI at the default settings and tried to have some fun at Zolder. It was a desaster to say the least.

Emery likes this.
  19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Do not forget the ghosting. That is absolut ugly, especially in VR. Also the massive motion blur caused by the temporal anti-aliasing is a dealbreaker for me. ACC is undriveable for me in VR. I am owner of a triple screen setup to and even that is not supported and that the user interface does not support a mouse control in Vr is so annoying.

20. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Ghosting is gone since v0,4.
    Maybe it's still there for full hd low fps users.