Assetto Corsa additional to my game collection

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Thepharcyde, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Thanks all for your feedback chose to shelf AC for now.

2. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

it is the same also in AC, but only when you are pushing:

i think it's just habitude at a simulator rather than to another, AC is great for me, and it's the best as feeling of driving, expecially with some cars

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Some cars in AC feels great and some one feels bad and the same with rfactor 2!

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yep this exactly, AC is far from perfect, alot of physic quirks i don't like but i also have alot of quirks i don't like in rF2. I find driving hard and fast in rF2 more exciting and engaging but i hate the slow hairpin physics of alot of cars, maybe real life car characteristics rather than a physics flaw but i feel it's more a flaw, rF1 was the same. AC feels fantastic and gives me fantastic confidence and feel in the slow areas but feels a little numb and unexciting going fast and attacking. This is why i enjoy the GSC physics as it has the raw edgy feel of rF2 when attacking but has the slow stuff nailed aswell. Just content i don't really enjoy much in GSC

I would however be interested in seeing some footage from someone like spinelli or kendra attacking a lap in AC or rF2 to see how much he does push, can't find any info with either name on RSR. Also would be interested in seeing some footage from his real life ventures. Lotus EXOS sounds right up his street with his real life experience

EDIT: found you, missed the end "i" out first time. Would be great to see some footage as you speak a good game, you kind of sound semi pro

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
  5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What is this track? Is it available yet or private?

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that road cars feels great in AC
    This is my lap(for example)

You can really feel the car, the tires and the limit!
    Can't say the same about super cars like the 458.
    Race cars have too much grip for me
    i have made this video

You can that you can make the first curve at Silverstone with full throttle?!
    and this

in rfactor2 some cars like the Clio and the Civic feels great, also the Megane and Camaro, but for me the C6r and the GTR are very slippery specially with low and medium curves(low speeds curves)!

8. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Best of luck. Anyone who knows details like the SCCA license needed and the costs can bet someone is living a forum fantasy based on posts that don't add up. You need a fair amount of experience to even get in these cars to begin with. You certainly aren't learning the basics as you go unless you buy a used one and track it at a test and tune session locally while working on achieving the proper license requirements. Never mind these cars don't come cheap.

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Well yes that was kind of my point of asking really. I could come on here and say i have driven this and that, it proves nothing, if you have some footage or whatever it makes you much more believable IMO than just saying i raced a DTM and i raced an F1 ( i know he didn't say these two ). I keep reading the same from this guy so am interested in seeing some stuff as he seems to hold himself in high esteem. Alot of what is written can be taken from many number of racing books etc.

10. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

I´ve lost how many times you get out of ideal line and easily keep going.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Well, it isa road car and I was not even pushing! I made this video to show how good is the physics of the road cars in AC!

12. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

"You can really feel the car, the tires and the limit!"

You comment just below the video. I´m not bashing how you drive GT wadji, just pointing how easy AC looks on video.

13. TJones

TJones Registered

Impressive driving performance!

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

[​IMG]

Not sure what you meant by I speak a good game, and that I kind of sound semi pro (sarcasm or honesty?), (and also was that meant towards me or GTClub_wadji?), but if it was meant genuinely (and towards me) then thank you :)

I just downloaded the "Rivali Tempo" and RSR hotlap apps recently and most of the times when I play it's offline (disconnected from net) that's why I hardly have any info. Also the apps only register your laps in certain game modes.

The Exos is a made for customers F1 style car. That is not my experience. Click on my user name on this forum, it'll tell you in the "about me" section (mostly lower powered open-wheel).

P.S. I am not a big fan of these apps because physics are always changing. Whether it's the core engine itself, or just a specific car, things are always changing. Also, I bet most people don't even use them. I doubt I'd even be in the top 500 if every single owner of the game used these apps, I mean #1 in the world on both apps after literally 1 single time (about 2 hours) of driving? Come on, please.... However the main reason, again, is the whole core game engine/individual car physics being changed/updated. Until these apps separate (or reset) all the laptimes according to game version than they are much less meaningful to me.

SPELLING CORRECTION - *32ND* lol

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't if it is easy or not and I have driven a race car or a road car in the limit, but I like it!
    I repeat, road cars feels great, but sport cars and race cars have too much grip and understeering for my tastes!

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If that's a shot at the game, I think you're overestimating how easy it is to judge physics based on videos. Driving at even 90% of the limit leaves a lot of room, the early turn-ins and wide exits don't mean he should be falling off the track.

Bit of a fruitless exercise I'm afraid. You just can't see physics. And if I can offer a piece of advice: notice how in a lot of corners the front tyres start to slide (can hear them) and you keep turning the steering wheel more? That's just scrubbing the tyres... doesn't make you turn any better, just wears the tyres needlessly and sets you up for oversteer moments on exits when the fronts finally grip up again because you're turning too far. And it takes longer for the fronts to grip up because you're turning too far. And your wheel is farther away from where you need it to correct that oversteer as well (because... you guessed it... you're turning too far). Steering wheel needs to be as straight as possible (turned only as much as necessary) at all times :)

Does the AC forum have people complaining about external sound like we do? It should...

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

A race car shouldn't/doesn't have to be difficult to drive, this idea that difficulty = realism is rudimentary. By the way AC's dynamic racing line isn't implemented yet, Kunos said currently the whole course is set to optimal grip.

18. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

nailed it!

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

loll at some of you here! that was I think the last of 15 laps of run:rolleyes: with the tires already done, so you here the tires sound, because they were done and I was always loosing the fronte!

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So you weren't pushing it, just wanted to show how good the physics are on roadcars (unlike the race cars which have too much grip and understeer) by showing your 15th lap with understeer and scrubbing front tyres? Ok...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.