ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Registered

Thank you very much for your kind words. I always try to improve and i am very happy about any feedback I can get :D

2. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

Hi Guys,

I donate for the ASR 3 and I didn't receive the link to download the mod.

Can you help me?

Regards

View attachment 19776

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Same here, I also didn't receive the link yet. Not complaining, just thought I'd mention it. :)

4. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

Hello guys. You do not receive any link!
    you must complete the process by returning to the web site to download the mod. You do not close the donation window! Look here
    Who has not made the proper procedure has to write on the form and I send the link.
    Thank

5. Pedro Delgado2

What form? Sorry about that... I already fail in follow the procedure

6. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

Pedro, did you receive my mail?

7. Pedro Delgado2

Yes!!! :eek: Thank You!!

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Do these cars have lods so that you can use more than 6 at a time and still have good fps?

9. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Registered

I did a race on Toban GP with 20 ASR3 Cars and the framerate kept stable. I do not have any issues running the other cars of ASR in a full grid. Before I had my single GTX 970, I was using a SLI configuration aswell. I can confirm that rF2 has major performance issues running a SLI configuration and I would suggest to run rFactor 2 without SLI or if you keep running SLI go to you Nvidia Control panel and edit the graphics settings "prerendered frames per second" at "2" and lock your frames at 55 for example in your .plr (now .json). Go to your rFactor 2 dircetory - go to UserData - go to player - open player.json- than select "Editor" to open player.json - than go to search and look for "Max Framerate" - it should be at "0" try "55" for example and see how it goes. BTW if you experience more issues, make sure that you don't run those stupid Game Ready Drivers by Nvidia - they are causing a lot of issues. Most stable driver at the moment is version 361.43 with F2.

I hope i was able to help you :D If you are experience more issues - I could share my ingame settings in a screenshot - I spent a lot of time to find the best ingame settings in rF2 for stable fps

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The ASR3 is very, very nicely done! A totally worthwhile purchase from my perspective because: a) it's ASR quality levels, which are the best or equal to the best; and b) F3 and GP3 are one of my most-enjoyed sim experiences because you don't have to be Lewis Hamilton skill-level to get the most out of the car. There is some reasonable prospect that with some effort, we can all actually drive and race one of these competently :)

On our favourite topic of sounds, it seems to have a nice guttural growl at start-up and there is a decent amount of low-frequency sounds mixed in there. However, as you climb the rpm band, the sound morphs into what sounds like a rotary or super high rpm very small displacement lower-powered engine. In real life, the low-frequency sounds increase in intensity (and volume) along with the power delivery, which this car models quite well (the almost scary feeling of keeping your foot down as you accelerate through a high speed corner relying on the down-force to keep you pinned to the track). For a great comparison, listen to the F3 in AMS. The initial sound is similar, but compare at high rpms out on the track at high speeds (in a higher gear). That almost rattly, intense, somewhat booming sound is what most race cars with normal engines (not like an F1 car) sound like when wound out. Let me know if you do not have easy access to AMS to compare their version of the same car sounds. I would use it as inspiration :)

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I just took the ASR3 out for a spin.
    Daym. :cool:

Great work so far, the feeling of grip, the steering, g forces, magnificent.
    Great modeling too. Worth every €, all 2 and a half of them ;)

I have a question though.
    Does this car require lifting and blipping on up- and downshifts?
    It seems very unstable if I don't lift/blip, on corner exits from 2nd to 3rd gear the rear wheels lock for a split second if I don't lift.
    In the hard braking zones, I lose the rear end if I don't blip on downshifts, especially 4th-3rd and 3rd-2nd.

I'll admit that my technical knowledge of this car is close to zero, but that doesn't seem entirely right to me.
    I could be mistaken though, so any insight to this would be much appreciated. :)

12. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Registered

[video]https://youtu.be/O2KB4LdOCnY?t=17m38s[/video]

I am proud owner of AMS - but anyway if you listen to that you should recognise that my sound is quite accurate.

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Thanks for the detailed reply Ferrari64. I have had issues running more than a few war cars at once and I have a pretty beefy pc. I did read somewhere that they were going to add lods to their mods as quite a few people have mentioned that they are fps heavy.

I might check this mod out and use your ideas if I have any issues.

Cheers

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This is the GP3 sound I know. The recording you are showing seems low quality audio equipment by comparison (or more likely purposefully muffled for TV broadcast purposes, for instance so you can still hear the announcers!) because they are the same cars! But yes, yours do sound like that recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRevpWKQRb4

I am only saying that I think the AMS guys tried to replicate the sound similar to this clip I linked. I think they did a pretty good job. But to my ear, the clip that I linked is closer to what they really sound like in real life. Of course you don't have to try to achieve that sound...but it would be nice if you did ;)

And I only suggest this because the car is so awesome to drive and well done overall that perfecting it is worthwhile!

The only other comment I have that is not perfection is the FFB is a bit light at low speeds. The feeling of transition to when the down force takes over is fantastic and the FFB feels perfectly weighted when high speed cornering. When down force is not present and only mechanical grip is at play, the FFB should be lighter and it is. I am suggesting it's just a small amount too light or too much difference between the mechanical-only and mechanical + down force. Again, just my opinion based on driving race cars without high down force that the steering is never that light.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
  15. Cevert

Cevert Banned

1st YT link has compressed audio missing the engine details. 2nd YT link captures more of the range but it's not onboard. Different comparison.

16. Sortsylic

Sortsylic Registered

You do unbeliavable work guys! Just to know, do you scale your in-game models accurately and how?
    P.S. Will there be 1998 cars? :)

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

1998 f1 cars would be the ultimate for me!

18. cosimo

cosimo Registered

ASR3 series sound is great! Bought it immediately.

19. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 Registered

Did my donation 24h ago, still waiting for the link, really want to test it, thanks.

20. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

FlyinFinn2
    after donating you get the download link, we do not send any link, he is automatically generated. Please follow the procedure here. Please, any question write to the ASR form and not on the ISI forum. thank you!