ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Ciao and grazie!

2. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

Guimengo, cars texture are 4096x4096

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Thanks, ale. With these 3 cars I get a severe drop in FPS, I was asking all those questions to pinpoint which part of the mod was driving that. I have run a field of 4k cars without issues so I'm assuming it's the lod levels?

By the way, it's a broken record but goodness me, they are beautiful cars to just stare and rotate around in the Tuning page.

4. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Yes, i'm just starting to work on lod.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+1

6. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

7. Uff

Uff Registered

Once again, thank you everybody at ASR Formula for your works: you gave me the chance to create this little video tribute that I hope you will enjoy. I love the F310. :D

8. TomasT

TomasT Registered

I cant find any info on how much they want you to donate to access the beta cars..

9. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

10. TomasT

TomasT Registered

Oh one dollar? I can afford a little more than that hehe =) Will make the donation.

Does anyone know how to fix the mirrors? They are all facing down to the ground for me.. even the virtual mirrors I believe.

11. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

I'm sure they would not object to bigger donations, haha :D

Re. The mirrors, i can't help you there as i dont have that issue (not with the ASR cars i drive anyway), but i seem to remember somebody posting about it before...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P5110 met Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  12. TomasT

TomasT Registered

Am I supposed to get the code for the beta content right away? Didnt get anything. Checked my spam folder also.

EDIT: Solved it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  13. TomasT

TomasT Registered

Wow if anyone is hesitant paying to get access to the beta cars.. to my liking there are some even better mods in there than what you get without donating. the 93 cars is amazing! The -87 is also very interesting. But I need more time testing these beauties.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Each new car gets improved to the latest knowledge and techniques of the ASR team. So, yes, they are all getting better as time passes and improvements get applied backwards to older models once in a while when they are updated. Well worth donating just for that reason, but also because they are great mods made with love and care ;)

15. TomasT

TomasT Registered

New car available for rfactor 2 and it also seem they worked more on releasing content for AC

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The updated 1992's....are finally coming. :)

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hmm the default setup values look a bit weird for a car of that period (I know it's the DW12 base), I am not the best but am trying to work out different (generally lesser) numbers for the shocks and camber. Any tips are very welcome.

edit: Well, this works a little better
    View attachment 19123

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

My only initial comment after trying the new '92 is I hope there is a fix for the high-res mirror FPS plunge. I get less than 50% frame rate with mirrors enabled. So either a fix, or at least a low-res (normal, ugly rF2-standard mirror) option would be helpful or else won't be able to run a field of these babies.

Maybe ASR knows that ISI will finally fix the graphics performance-hogging mirrors in the next build of rF2?? Oh, sorry, we already had Christmas... :(

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

May not be realistic. These are intended to look, sound and "feel" like 92's...and be fun. Pin-point accuracy comes second. I can attest to the former.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I have been driving these since they became available, and through all the different incarnations of handling attempts. One big issue with being completely separated from reality is you can't setup the car based on what you would expect, and you cannot drive it based on real life interactions and dynamics.

About the mirrors, the game pulls mirror quality based on your filtering level, I believe. So turn that down. And likely this doesn't have lower lods, plus the (thank goodness) 4k skins.