ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I have come to terms with how these cars are and I believe there will be future revisions as Sderenno gets more experience and eventually also has ISI-made references from which to work, for example, tires. In the same token I am not fond of such driving, a lot of other people are and quite a few of those must be supporting with donations for early access too, so in my hopeful mind it's just a matter of patience and waiting.

Until then, please freaking upload videos of the latest content like the Lotus 99T. Just because it doesn't drive like the darn thing doesn't mean I don't want to waste hours watching it go around tracks :p.

2. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I will as soon as it's open beta lol. Anyway, I do have one strong suggestion. Please ASR people, include a manual shifting option (upgrade) for the 91 McLaren, Benneton and others that had a manual gearbox. I don't like shifting with the paddles when there are no paddles on the wheel lol. I had to modify the McLaren myself... Surely that's not very hard to do...

3. V12_Ben

V12_Ben Registered

@PearceYaussy

This was one of the areas that the 91 F1SR team researched for rF1. From memory their implementation simulated a gearbox that would fail if the correct operation wasn't used but they either had difficulty obtaining details of the absolute correct operation or had issues implementing it - I can't remember which or I may be completely wrong.

Ukyo Katayama's onboard pedal cam is pretty much the only video we have of pedal operation for a manual gearbox F1 car and it looks like he used the clutch for all shifts.

Again from memory according to Nicki Lauda the correct operation for cars of the late 70s/early 80s required clutching on downshifts with blip, but only lift on upshifts.

When I use ASR's 91 McLaren I just ignore the implementation and lift for upshifts and clutch with blip on downshifts and use H pattern.

4. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Yep that's what I was doing, although it's still annoying because it's impossible to miss a shift. For now, they could at least make it like the other old/manual cars in the game where you at least HAVE to blip on downshift, or the rears will lock up. I did that myself, and it's better than nothing...

5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I run nvidia AA setting of "8xS" via nvidia inspector. This gives great image quality and performance. Problem with this setting is it causes the Heat FX to show as a transparent bubble. I have disabled this effect via the player.JSON file and this works for eveything except the ASR OW 1992 cars. It's as if the setting in the JSON file somehow gets ignored by this single MOD. Has anyone else encountered this and if so have you been able to resolve it without changing AA settings?

Cheers

6. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Turn off AA :p

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Nope. If you want the best looking AA, you have to put up with the ridiculous heat haze bubble effect that ISI claims they don't need to fix because it doesn't appear in "normal" AA settings.

I used that same setting, then switched to an AMD card. Now I only see the heat haze bubble in the rear view mirror, but not the main views. However, I see it in the mirror even though I am using totally standard AA settings with no fancy trickery. ISI needed to fix this two years ago.

8. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

9. boxer

boxer Registered

Thanks
    Downloading...
    you guys are Awesome:D

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

By golly that's a great view from the cockpit

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I've always wondered... as the helmet gets affected somewhat by the g-forces and bumps.... what's to stop the shoulders or even feet moving around a little. Everything looks a little static.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Aw man, you forgot to press "3" on your replay cockpit-side recording! Could you drive the 99T? I have been struggling to find (read: haven't found) footage of that outside of 1 video the day it was released.

14. ChrMid

ChrMid Registered

I have an issue with the wheels/rims on the 1995 and 1996 Ferrari’s. The colour of the wheels/rims ’flicker’ between gold and silver.

When moving the camera/head in the cockpit, and with the T-cam, sometimes the rims will be gold, and other silver, without the car moving. Other times the flickering starts, when the car starts moving. The issue is there both with ISI tracks, and non-ISI tracks, and I first noticed the issue with the 1995 Ferrari, when the first non-beta version was released.

Is anyone else seeing this?

EDIT:

Also, the 1995 and 1996 seem very likely to take off from the ground when going sideways. For example, if I lose the rear into Maggots [because of my bad driving], the car takes off as soon as it gets sideways, and flies across the grass and into the fence. Is this on purpose?

Other than that, the cars are very fun to drive!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I moved that cam into position by hand... and only after I recorded it did I find there was a camera preset already for that position....DOH!!! I'll remember for next time.

I'll record some 99T for you :D

16. wacha

wacha Registered

Hi guys!

First of all, I wanted to congratulate you for your stunning work. This is top-notch modding and I want to thank you for that. I will also donate some more money to the AC section (as soon as I can afford it), though my presonal preference is rF2.

With that out of the way, i wanted to ask if there will be any development in the 1992 Season. Last version I have is 1.865 (with Frenky's physics update). I saw it advertised in the main banners in your website, and read some time ago that you were developing the new version, with new models and physics. Is this project still active? We will be hosting a championship with the current version, but I found it strange that the link has disappeared from your website.

I hope you can answer those questions. Thanks in advance.

17. otto

otto Registered

The reason you can get faster times with the mp4/6 than in real life on Sao Paolo track is that the track was a lot more bumpy in real life in 1991.I've seen in the 1995 Gp that cars bounce a lot. It's also mentioned by M Brundle a few times.
    Again at 1995 Gp Comentator mentions that drivers told him "the bumps are so bad that their feet sometimes jump off the pedals ".
    At the end of the 1995 Gp press conference David Coulthard mentions same thing as above.

I just finished watching the 1995 F1 Gp :D .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  18. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I did a 60 min race at Interlagos last night against 15 human drivers (Presto GP) in the V1.81 (LE) of this stunning mod.
    It was one of the best multiplayer experiences I have had. It had it all. Great wheel to wheel racing, attacking, defending.
    I was in the Minardi and at various points was attacked by the Ferrari of Alesi, the McLaren of Senna, a Ligier (Brundle I think) and finally lapped my own (Minardi driving that is)team mate. Every car looked and sounded authentic
    This car produces amazing mutiplayer.

19. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Are these cars skinable with custom skins?

Cheers

20. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

V 1.81 cant be skinned.
    Another version can (poss 1.82 not sure).
    I now this as I made a skin with the 87 Lotus #12 for the 92 Lotus and it wont show in game.