As simulators become more advanced will the cars become easer or harder to drive ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Sep 1, 2012.

?

More realistic simulator Harder or Easier ?

1. A more realistic simulator will be HARDER to drive Fast

50.0%
  2. A more realistic simulator will be EASIER to drive Fast

50.0%
  1. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

As simulators become more advanced do you think that the cars will become easer or harder For you personally to drive fast ?

Some clarification to help make the voting more clear !

I should have been more clear about "drive fast" lets say drive within 0.5s of track pace :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I lack option both so I can't vote ;)

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Everything about the cars and simulations, along with views on them, is relative. Difficult for you might be easier for me, and vice-versa.

4. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

+1 Tim, No sense this poll.

5. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

The question is still fine , its not asking for an objective answer its asking if people feel that if for them as simulators advance do they think they will be harder or easer to drive.

So even though difficulty can be relative its interesting to see if people believe that against there personal skills, if simulators will be harder or easer to drive as they become more advanced.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Depends on the car, depends on the track, depends on the conditions, depends on your driving style.

7. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I could not think of a better question to ask that would ascertain if people think a more realistic simulator will be harder or easer for them to drive in.

Personally I think general driving and car control will be easer but finding that last 100th will be allot harder.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sorry forgot...Depends on the wheel used, depends on the pedals used, depends on the person, simple answer is there is no answer!

9. osella

osella Registered

More realistic will be more realistic, that's it

10. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

For you do you think you would find it easer to drive in a more or less realistic simulator
    based on the current progression of simulators ?

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Does it really matter? Or do you want another 33pages where you can rebut everyone's opinions!?! Give it a rest James and just enjoy the game for what it is please!

(Off topic forum needed!!!)

12. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

They should be easier to drive but harder to push it right on the edge. Take a every day road car for example. Everybody passes a driving test so its pretty easy to drive a car. Now make joe public push his car to the edge and most would run out of talent.

Simulators should be the same. Should be easy to drive moderately quick but to really push them to the limits it should be hard. One thing I like about rF2 is its easy to drive moderately quick because of the grip the tyres give.

Try driving at 50% speed in iRacing and the cars are all over the place and unbalanced.

1 person likes this.
  13. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Thanks this is the kind of interesting response I was looking for , regardless if people think they will be easer or harder its interesting to see which way sim racers think things will go for them.

Stop trolling look at the quote above see how that's interesting and how it develops people understanding of simulation ?

Instead of posting comments that have no content and are simple attacks on people, post things with information or points of interest.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

obviously didn't read my first two posts then, it's all completely relative.

15. flibberflops

flibberflops Registered

Even if a simulator is EXACTLY the same as real life it may help in the driving skills... but it will do nothing for the immense trust and pure balls you need to take the high speed corners when your own ass is really on the line!

Having said that Top Gear magazine once took Greger Huttu (iracing champion) stuck him in a single seater. He did quite well, but had real problems dealing with the physical issues that high speed driving brings!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/geek-rebooted-2010-11-26?imageNo=0

1 person likes this.
  16. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

A racing car simulator for me should be a challenge at all.
    What mean hard? make mistakes? fight with the car?
    what mean soft? sink the foot on the throttle? Save a spin like a pro driver without being?
    Anyway there are some factors.
    1- The driver skills.
    2- The kind of car.
    3- The hardware.

Me, being a normal person... I can not claim to bring a car like a professional without making me, at leats, sweat.

17. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Yah this seems to be an issue for allot of people , even though they might have the race craft they simply cannot take the G's the vibrations and the fear of crashing in a real car.

Watching non sim racers go in track day cars for the first time as well ( evan people that own and drive decent road cars) seem to be very shocked by the G's and vibration of a real car.

Maybe we should all just sit on the washing machine when we race :)

that's the video of the actual thing the topcar artical is just a cover story of the same thing :)

18. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Some cars harder, some cars easier... If a simulator improves, the cars It handles I guess will be nearer perfection... some cars before the improve can be harder, and others can be easier than reality. If after is nearer reality sometimes will be harder, and sometimes will be easier. Easy :D

19. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

To follow this up I think the Clio Cup and F2 cars portray this very well. Run them at 70/80% and you can drive them all day long quite comfortably, but then if you start pushing them the Clio starts getting oversteery from being a FWD and the F2 can get very slippery. From my point of view rF2 is definitely heading in the right direction.

I'm very interested on seeing how other features will work, especially the off road racing. The ORR trucks I found great fun in rF1 and can't wait for them to make a come back.

20. Domi

Domi Registered

Well, he was ill if I'm not wrong. So his problems weren't only coming from the car :)