Are these PC specs good enough?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christopher Snow, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

We are talking about optimum performance or? That one frame brings my PC in 3DMark hall of fame up 9 places :p
    But it is all fine and what I can see all comments about PSU in this thread and as I understand a good quality 300W PSU from all tech tips should be perfectly fine, 750W is merely the board manufacturer's inflated recommendation due to the prevalence of crappy PSU`s on the market.
    ;)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    David Kolody likes this.
  2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

How do you suggest that devs should influence the consistency of modding ? It's an open platform, for modding as one pleases, and to the level ones skills allow, accept that!

3. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

Care to show evidence (video, from a camera) of such? Displaying which PSU's you used, if you tried another 750W PSU along side your own, how many tests you did, the temperature difference, etc?

If the MAXIMUM system draw is 610W, there's absolutely no reason why 750W wouldn't cut it unless the PSU was bad.

Saying that you get more performance out of a 1500W PSU instead of a 750W one is like saying "I get more performance when my CPU/GPU temperature is on 45ºC instead of 60ºC". It doesn't happen and it has been proven that high temperatures don't affect performance as well unless thermal throttling happens.

And BTW, that difference is no big deal. Like others said, there are fluctuations in such tests and I'm sure you picked this result out of your "hundreds" just to try and make a point.
    20367 to 20156 is a laughable difference. If it were something like 20367 to 5467, then you'd have a point.

Next time do a real test, show evidence of the results, and pick the average, not a single number to try and make a point.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Devin suggested in Discord a system like Wreckfest (if I'm not mistaken it's that game) where devs ship textures and lots of other assets with the game and when building your car or track you can use them. That probably limits some of the freedoms modders have but it makes things more consistent on performance and looks, win-win. And looks like also makes things a lot faster since it was said one guy alone managed to make 30 tracks.
    That also make tracks a lot smaller as the textures and other stuff are in the game already so it loads from there.
    It sure has quite a lot of mods for a community with 100 daily peak players, you could say a higher % of mods per user than rF2 (including mods ported from other games)
    And sorry I'm not like you that simply sit and accept things without looking for ways to make them better (hopefully S397 is not like you either). Have a good day.

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Resource sharing is not even possible in rF2, so you can tick that idea off the board.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's the whole point of having an idea that changes things for better...
    You must be fun at parties lol
    I guess if depended on some people rF2 should stick to DX9, old UI, no content with more than 1 car, etc. Better just ignore these...

Jon likes this.
  7. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I have changed the GPU,from GTX660TI 2G to a GTX1050TI 4G Gigabyte version,what a jump in performance in all sims.
    PSU-Corsair VS650
    CPU-I5 4440
    COOLER-Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED TURBO
    RAM-8G DDR3 GSkill
    MOBO-MSI B85 G43

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Thermal throttling, tell me about it, I didn`t notice any performance difference from -30ºC to - 50ºC :p Next year I am building new PC and it is not going to be with 500W or 750W PSU that`s for sure.:D

My game PC:
    Mobo: Asus X99 WS-E/10G,
    CPU : I7-6950x@5,4 GHZ
    Ram: 64 GB Ripjaws 4@3000 CL15
    2x Asetek Vapochill Lightspeed,>CPU, north, south bridge,
    2 x 1080Ti, temps ~ -30ºC.
    Corsair AX 1500i

>Back to topic.
    Post below is good recommendation. Perhaps OT`s league mate should take a closer look to CPU. 2 cores and 4 threads feels not right, obviously he can play rF2 but.......:rolleyes:
    ;)

Pauli Partanen likes this.