Are ISI holding stuff back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smithaz, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Let's not forget that ISI has some other alternative business models for their sims:
    > Rf1 was customized by ISI for some professional racing teams.

Actually I believe that ISI is not purely aiming at mass-market sim-racers but wants to build a platform that can used to create customized sim-trainers for professionals...
    If you keep this in mind, it's much easier to understand why and how they act at the moment....
    If we assume this is correct, we are certainly not the priority for them but the cherry on the cake that brings money in while the PRO-stuff gets ready...
    Could be an explanation why we have poor online browser, MOD-manager.... all this stuff does not really matter for the real PROs.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's an evolving product. We are a number of steps ahead, working on various things. When something is ready, you get it. There was, however, a lot of content created for basically proof of concept material prior to Jan 2012, and that is 'held' until we can go back to it. The C6R is a good example of that, it was actually a very early car, we updated it as much as possible recently, then released it.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

That's your point of view, I respect that (off course), but I slightly disagree as I'm clearly feeling something fully at the opposite of you ;) They prove for years how they respect us, and the entertainment they provide through rFactor series and through the heavy work they made is priceless, and really appreciate here, at least for me (and some other guys around I guess?), and sadly you don't seems to have the same feeling...That's life! :) and if they can make more moneys thank to the professional world I'm really happy for them, and for us as it bring more value and more features in our Sims, so thanks ISI for that :)