[WIP] Arduino tft dash project (help?)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Rich Goodwin, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Hey guys,
    Some may remember the other Arduino dash I did for rFactor 2 some time a go. Years a go, in fact.

I had a break from sim racing, came back and saw that this project (not that I'm claiming I was the first to do it!) is on most sims now thanks to Sim Hub.

While in all honesty I was trying to join in with that with a little screen. I fluffed up and got the incorrect screen which isn't supported by this project.

So - I'm trying myself to make this work.

I am thinking a data readout for rfactor 2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An Arduino Uno with an Elegoo 2.8" Touchscreen shield. Total cost around £30. I have had an enclosure 3D printed, too.

While I have the basics - creating buttons, printing to the screen etc I would love some help with extracting the data rFactor 2 provides to create a data screen.

Fuel remaining
    Tire % left
    Lap time

Anything, I guess.

Sure - I get this can be done in moments with a phone app but there is something very cool about a project and having a go yourself.

If anyone would like to try and help I'd love it. Though I'm going to do it on my own regardless. It will just take much longer. I managed it before with a normal dash so I don't see why I can't now.

Rich

2. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

This is what I have so far

[​IMG]

Lap number
    Fuel Remaining
    all tire % left

Now to get the data out of the sim.

It would be good in future to have a Race and Quali mode. Quali showing timing info as opposed to race type info above.

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Figured I'd update. I have it connected and giving me gear selection but it's doing below. Now to figure out how to avoid this and get the data I actually want.
    [​IMG]

4. gpfan

gpfan Registered

I think the only correct way to display info you want is via Plugin..... You need to create custom plugin for your project....