Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Remco Majoor Whats the matter with you. Am I forced to like Discord ? I just don't think it is good platform for anything other than light quick chats. Therefore analogy with fast food is true and exact. Insulting me is not going change that opinion.

@Lazza I don't participate in RC, don't have time, nor I should. Waiting for main build very much. It seems to be even better than Q1 update, feeling very positive, optimistic and happy about rF2.

nolive721 and pkelly like this.
  4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It looks like you are forced to shit on discord at every opportunity possible though. Not liking it is one thing, actively going out of your way to hate is is another. But hey, you can stay here boasting about how great the forum is and how bad discord. Yet the discord community is very active in helping in the rc updates ;)

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Lazza likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

4 hours ago (though released just over 2 hours ago, I believe):

Release Candidate Update
    Game: 8697443
    Server: 8697447

-Reduced default night threshold for requiring headlights to be around half an hour after sunrise on a clear day (later when cloudy)
    -Disable sparks with low SFX setting
    -Fix for throttle, speed and g-force meter not working on replay metrics
    -Fixed a bug that would show a setup change had been made when no change had actually occurred

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Still something wrong with the Driver Labels in the release candidate. When you are in the cockpit, you do not see the labels....UNLESS you turn the car over to the AI, then the labels are visible. Take control back from the AI & the labels vanish again. They are now, however, working in the replays.
    @Coutie

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do they flash briefly before disappearing when you enable them? Chris said they are working on a fix for that.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Nope, I didn't notice any flashing, if you select the kite view, then enable the labels, nothing. Let the AI take control and the label pops into view. Take control back & the label is gone. FWIW, I tested after that last small update that came out via Steam Saturday afternoon.
    edit
    My first test was with just two cars, one of the new TEST IRL18's and the sim chose a regular IRL18, not from the test folder, for the 2nd vehicle. So to eliminate variables, I reloaded rF2 and chose zero AI. Then when driving and changing to the kite view, no label. Pressed the AI key, expecting to see the labels, but nothing(even verified the labels were active). HOWEVER. Choosing the trackside cam then perfectly displayed the label and didn't matter if the AI was in control or me.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

By kite I guess you mean Swingman, and yeah, for me that doesn't show my own label when I'm in control either. It does still show for other cars though.

Messed up on triples though. All stretched and in the wrong position...

11. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

This is bizarre, on the first version of RC the sparks were working flawlessly, no lag, no stuttering, they did something after that and broke the thing, and now the solution is disable the thing on low sfx settings... hahahahahah, unbelievable.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    Dady Cairo likes this.
  12. AFreak

AFreak Registered

rfactor keeps running in steam (task manager) after exit the program if you have joined a multiplayer session before. I have tested this with the last and the new RC (Client and Server). It happens in both versions. I play in VR. Single player is ok.

13. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

A full fix is in development, this is a quick fix to allow people to run with out stutters since a lot of people do not have stutters.

Is it the case for others that they didn't have spark stutters in the first RC?

Lorenzo Tortella likes this.
  14. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

I actually said it from the beginning, something in the second uodate to the RC is what caused the stuttering for me. The original RC that introduced sparks was smooth for me.

15. Antmax

Antmax Registered

Nothing wrong with disliking discord. It reminds me of the old Unix bulletin boards of the early/mid 90's before the WWW took off, only with the addition of voice chat. If the latter isn't your thing, it's pretty clunky.

Anyone know when the next release date is? Only just started playing sims again with the F1 season, and really like Rfactor 2's cars compared to alternatives on the PC.

16. Stevy

Stevy Registered

May 9th, so tomorrow

17. Antmax

Antmax Registered

Thanks Stevy, that's great news. Cheers!

18. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Wrong! It's today!

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if i wrote the post yesterday it's tomorrow;)

20. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Will there be a fix for the stutters in VR in the Setup Screen?

Hazi likes this.