Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the wooden plate that goes under the chassis of the car, which is called Jabroc, is not under the wheels, in no case does it come out of the sides, and less under the wheels.... also the sparks are produced by some sheets of titanium that are embedded in the wood of the flat bottom of the car, inside the Jabroc and lower part
    formula-1-sakhir-gp-2020-spark-4.jpg

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

In any case, my criticism is constructive... the plates, whether they are made of titanium or wolframio or other similar materials, will never be below the wheels, if below the chassis

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes you have the correct process, in Steam, rFactor2, Right Click on the text for rFactor2, then Betas and choose NONE. That is the standard current release.

MikeV710 likes this.
  4. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Yea that also caught my eye after his comment, sparks definitely shouldn't pass through/under the tyres.

@juanchioooo i understand your point much better now. I watched some pictures and videos and it seems like you are right.
    sparks in general don't "flow" in straight line as shown in picture....especially that close to low pressure area.

from what i have seen so far , 2 ways sparks flow.

1. it originates at whatever point of contact , then if it is too close to tunnel (underbody) then it gets sucked in and thrown by exit of diffuser

2. in case it is going towards wheel (as in my picture above), it should get thrown outwards by tyre wake. or around the tyre so the sparks split when arriving near rear tyre...one part gets sucked in by tunnel and other part gets thrown outward by tyre wake.

it flows straight only until it either gets closer to underbody tunnel or thrown by tyre wake.
    would definitely make them looks realistic this way.

Rui Santos and juanchioooo like this.
  5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Unfortunately, the zoom mode no longer works in the free camera mode.
    Not even with the Spectator cameras.

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

This could be an issue with playing the replay back and forward. A little problem that I see is that there are cars that shouldn't throw sparks or there should be some kind of setting that enables or disables the effect for certain cars. In the late 90s the skid blocks were forbidden in F1 so you had no sparks. In the early 90s and 80s they had skid blocks everyhwere, even under the front wing side plates. I also don't understand how people come to the conclusion that sparks should be barely visible during daylight. Some of those people never used a flex as it seems.

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It works, just check if you haven't changed your keybindings. ;)

8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Unassign cam tilt up down/look left right or edit controller JSON "freelook mouse control" to true.

juanchioooo and memoNo1 like this.
  9. Alex Sawczuk

Works fine and actually better than before here

memoNo1 likes this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That's not the prob.. ;)

11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I unassign tilt up.
    Because the paramete freelook mouse control i didn't find in the controller json.

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Somehow i lost the HRTF variants like 1-CIAIR and 2-irc in the sound options and now i only have default and build in option. What is the difference between Default HRTF and Build In HRTF? And what is the correct setting for using Oculus Rift ,cause the HMD provides its own HRTF? Many questions. I think we need a user manual.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  13. rustem323

rustem323 Member Staff Member

New cars F1 2022 on which this car is based on in terms of aero and 3d shapes (floor etc) have different contact points on the car VS older f1 so here is an example of mclaren and alpha tauri sparking from the side of the floor as its touching the ground...and a mercedes that is almost touching the ground with its floor.....new cars have titanium there to protect the floor edge...although they can still spark from the areas you mention now they have more contact points than before.
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

The zoom works.
    However, not at the points where the vehicle drives very close to the fixed track cameras.
    The zoom doesn't work there.
    If the vehicle is further away, or in the Spectator camera, it works.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work here at Silverstone.
    There is only one spot here where the vehicle passes very close to the camera. .

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

This update is a massive game changer! I can now have wet weather races with the A.I. and can confirm from running several tests that the A.I. now choose correct tires wether you start off the race in the wet, start dry and have weather change to wet half way through, or start off with dry weather but 100% wet track and let it dry throughout race. They change their tires accordingly and as you would expect, you don't even have to run practice or quali to let them sort out their strategy, it just works, brilliantly! No more continuous pitting every other lap, its absoloutely awsome, can now fully enjoy offline racing and actually make use of the fantastic weather system which just has'nt been possible for, er, years now! Unfortuately multiclass still does'nt quite work, still get faster class cars stuck behind slower ones, but this is one hell of a step in the right direction! Could do with a slider for opponents car volume though. And also the ability to change A.I. skill level whilst actually at track (without having to reload track) option has dissappeared again, could we please have that back. But this has made my week! Thanks so much S397, and great to hear that A.I. is now a priority. Awsome!!!!!!!

pkelly, Xzanman, Mibrandt and 7 others like this.
  16. Simulation_Player

Thanks for the explanation, new floor are much lower in various parts for sure.
    here is one more img >

f1 ferrari 75.jpg

my small nitpick is that they are quite "straight" for some contact points either near floor or tyres, so could you guys maybe give them some default curvy shape around the wheels / tyres ?
    although i imagine this will be quite time consuming since all cars have different tyre dimensions, so sparks curve won't match with just one default preset.
    Its fine though at the end of the day, they work brilliantly.

17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

it would need too follow an aero path depending on where it comes from. Not sure how resource intensive it would be for something like that

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

yes, now they have foils in more places and they give off sparks on some sides, but where they usually get fired is through the diffuser, with the ground effect, on the straights the aerodynamics pushes the car towards the ground and that is where they get the most, obviously on especially when it is at the beginning of the race that they are more loaded, but on the sides it is much lower than the part of the center of the car, although some circuits that are banked or when they go up the curbs rub some edges too, I think they should modify in rfactor the line of sparks that go under the wheels, I still think it's unreal, I also think that studio 397 has made a positive step forward, before there was no spark, and the labels are seen in VR, the sound has improved and the interface allows the rate of rain and more things that I have not commented ....... let's go:);)

19. Simulation_Player

oh no definitely i don't want them to actually simulate the real time path of it. i was talking of making a default preset. so for contact point near tyres we give them tyre spark preset and one near tunnel we give them tunnel preset.
    but there is flaw in this method is that these preset might not look good for all cars. It was just a idea i had.

20. Alex Sawczuk

I don't follow sorry. Maybe a video would clarify

The camera will only zoom with in the limits set in the camera, and if you switch to tracking not spectator it did not zoom at all previously. Now it will adjust with in the zooming of the tracking cam. If you setup an Xbox Controller or similar you can just move the viewer wherever you want. Read the hints on the controls page.