Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

Yeah I must be overreacting, just a contract like one with a bank about paying a loan, its probably nothing...

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

No Audi yet?? :oops:

3. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

This is our current GT3 mod. We're adding the Bentley to it as a permanent fixture, and are also looking into making it just one rfcmp, not the separate content we currently have.

Regarding the lights and Audi, they will feature in the updated season in the GT3 mod with brand new models (always from scratch). The lights will feature in the cars that have them, in the color they exist. I'd we can make everything work in the game despite limitations, and make it editable, we will. When we have more to show oo the new mod and track, we will publish a new topic.

Until more is revealed, you can follow our social media channels for the latest and insider news. Soon we will have our website reconstruction ready as well.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    marmagas, Jon Uyan, yoss and 8 others like this.
  4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Sorry, I just noticed this. Congratulations.:)

GrimDad and rubennaatje like this.
  5. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Anyone noticed the cars handle significantly different for the official GT3 Pack?
    It feels like too high ride height and suspension too flexible/loose/bumpy making them more unstable especially at high speed corners. Also Apex cars oversteer more than the official GT3s. Try to take eau rouge flat out on Spa. It's possible with official GT3s (surprisingly easy now with the updated tires) or in Assetto Corsa with little changes to default setup. It's also impossible with Simtek GT3s but at least handling feels much more similar to official GT3s(no flexing, stiff suspension) . They have other problems like FFB too strong, low top speed/acceleration.

6. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

We are working on finishing up the mod for release very, very soon. There are minor updates that improve the driving aspect a little bit plus we have better default setups, however we cannot compromise on the information we have on cars and feedback, plus realism, regulations, etc.

Hang tight until v1.00 to drive and experience it for yourself. You might enjoy it but if you still feel the same way, you may be looking for a different kind of experience.

Corti, The Iron Wolf, GrimDad and 4 others like this.
  7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I appreciate that you keep upgrading the cars, especially tire update(BTW: you compile yourself or use S397 reference ones?) . I liked they are much more challenging than i.e. Simtek GT3, but since I tried official GT3 cars the handling difference(at the limit) is apparent - they seem to have lower, stiffer. less bumpy suspension, more downforce and grip in general. I also tried EEC GT3 in Automobilista and they are even more grippy,easy to drive and forgiving (too easy IMHO, so probably not a benchmark/reference mod). It seems Apex GT3 are at the other end of spectrum. But maybe it's largely because of default setup being so much different.
    I write this not to criticize but because I otherwise like the mod and care about it being as realistic as possible. I appreciate that it has well made cars from scratch. I know you also put a lot of work in physics, but sometimes(i.e. at and over the limit) handling seems odd.

I'm looking forward to new release and thank you for your work.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    ApexModding likes this.
  8. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Just a friendly suggestion for you : if you want the cars to behave like S397's, just use S397 cars (or, replace S397 by any mod name you find more appropriate).

The Iron Wolf and yoss like this.
  9. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Like mentioned before, the reference benchmark is not other digital content but reality. We cannot control the flow and quality of information or the quality of testing and feedback from other groups. We can sometimes collaborate with experts on certain things, especially when it comes to deciphering undocumented things. You may have seen us giving credit to redapg, slowmotion or nibiru, for example.

Nibiru, Louis, Levelup1 and 7 others like this.
  10. ceecee

ceecee Registered

And many thanks to @ApexModding , redapg, @Slow Motion and @Nibiru for helping keep our dreams alive ;)

bwana, Nibiru, Corti and 2 others like this.
  11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Really looking forward to it. Every time a jump in your cars guys, I think: damn they are great.
    Most time I take the bmw for a ride, bc it was such a beautiful car and the sound was violent and awsome :)

marmagas and ApexModding like this.
  12. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Coincidentally, you can take Eau Rouge flat with the Z4 as the real car could do so in 2012.

Nibiru likes this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Sorry, if this has been answered before, but will the electronic driving aids be added with v.1.0?

14. yoss

yoss Registered

Except digit number and scratchable parts .All the last feature added yes ...and more...

15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I would like the cars to handle as close to reality as possible and just gave my opinion that something seems odd.
    S397 GT3 Pack contains different cars.

16. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Actually yesterday I just made small setup adjustments and was able to do it. Still with GT3 Pack cars it’s easier. Not saying it means they are more realistic, let alone they are newer specs.

17. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Also worth saying that matching real life laptimes is only an indication of "correct physics" not a proof.
    You can match real life times for the wrong reasons,tire grip,aero settings,track accuracy,physics.
    Top priority shouldnt be to match laptimes but if we have it as a result of good job in physics its a good thing!
    At 6.00 and 8.00 Neils says something about this

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

"faster than real life" compared to what exactly? GT3 with Pirelli tires are 4 to 5 second slower than GT3 with Yokohama, Dunlop, Bridgestone and Michelin compounds used in GT300 since there they have tire war.

19. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I think it’s possible because as I said they have surprisingly good grip. But I can achieve even faster lap times with Apex GT3. But in this case it looks like they have more power so they achieve higher top speeds. For instance I easily do 2:16 on Spa with Z4 which is not quite realistic, because I’m average driver

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

ICYM the compounds and tire war in GT300 are also real life :D
    I mean the logos could be there as just logos you know. Anyway they were slowed down to make it a separated class with the GTE cars, but the AI is still fast with them.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018