Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. yoss

yoss Registered

Yes we know we follow your explain and deploy one update with this thing !!

2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Danke!

3. Fretch01

Fretch01 Registered

Awesome job on the recent update. Can't wait to see this mod with dx11.

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Just had awesome race in Melbourne, great job guys! Cars look great, and racing is fun. Weight transfer in your SLS is very good, I can also clearly tell when rear begins to slip and correct things.

I noticed couple of things: still see gray Camaro without racing livery. Also, looks like cockpit cam in SLS has clipping planes adjusted, which chops off part of car roof (so I am seeing some sky in car:)). I am using weird resolution, so partly my fault (1600x1440, FOV 100), but this is the only mod I am facing this. In older ISI family games that would happen if one of clipping planes in .cam file was too far from 0.0.

5. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Thanks for the latest update.

6. philman

philman Registered

It's great to see the progress made since previous versions. Physics are really excellent. Each car has its own behavior. One of the best mods for rf2. I expect the next car forward.

yoss likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Finally got to drive these cars with my new setup and the 854 was the first car in rF2 that felt, to me, it had the proper level of ffb. I now know what I want and have already begun making controller setups that increase the ffb setting. First one I tried was for the URD P2, and I changed the default ffb from 1.0 to 2.0. Two second improvement on my first hot lap. I just had not felt the car on the road very much. Thanks for opening my eyes!

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

How is the tire wear for each car, and overall balance vs .935? I was able to test each car in dozens of laps and pick out everything but I am no able to do such again.

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Only done a 1 hour race till now with the 799 and wear is okay and realistic imho. also lapped a bit in 854, McLaren and Z4 and they all feel very good better than .935 but then again that is just my opinion.
    Apex have done an incredible job with these and one thing i don't get is why there are almost no servers running these.

yoss likes this.
  10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi guys. The new physics are awesome. Can't stop driving the cars. The bmw is my fav car. I just found one little thing. When racing at night the shift lights are a bit dark. They don't seem to be illuminated.
    Thanks again and again (and again) for this mod. It's the really best out there!!!
    Cheers

yoss, Sebastien Sestacq and Eddy like this.
  11. yoss

yoss Registered

TY, Enjoy !!

12. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Hi Yoss,
    I updated the ATI fix for v0.940. It updates the 4 bugged vehicles. All of them with working brake lights.
    The updated consists of the MAIN mas file with the corrected GMTs and renamed DDSs.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  13. yoss

yoss Registered

are you sure the 0.940 don't work fine?? please mp me and edit your post without the link

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

15. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

Love the mod. Especially the Corvette. I only have a problem with braking (I have a loadcell). I have to push very hard to brake. Set up the brake different doesn’t help. But when I am driving with the AI they can brake much harder.

Is there a setting I missed?

16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I am also running load cell. For Fanatec, you can change brake pedal signal resistance in control panel so that pedal reaches 100% signal more easily. I also set brake force to 80kg in garage. What I noticed is not that it is hard to brake, but that compared to some other mods, what happens to the car during braking is not that pronounced than in other mods, and this is not necessarily not realistic. For the record, I only race SLS with this mod, can't say for other cars. But braking itself works fine. Also, don't forget ABS, GT3 usually has ABS allowed.

17. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

yes the Corvette brake is low change brake force and sensitivity brake :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Domino Duhan

Domino Duhan Member

I really enjoy this mod, visually great and good physics. My only issue is the heat shimmer effect - I think you should get rid of it, or reduce it significantly.

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

In case you do not know, you can disable it in .plr file. It doesn't work with some forms of AA. IIRC it involves setting Heat Haze to 0.

20. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

Thanks! I have the brake force set to 60kg. I will change that and also the sensitivity.