Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thanks for the update :)

2. yoss

yoss Registered

we remove the old 0.92 in the remote content ...finally..

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Take all the time you want Yoss, the mod is great as is i enjoy it every day.

4. yoss

yoss Registered

This saturday, at 21h 00 GMT +1 w'll run a private race at Sebring, 40 laps, where w'll try a new version of
    two cars, slightly tuned for a better BOP, but existing setups of 9.30 will still work.

Interested racers can send me a PM, only the first 20 requests will be granted the oportunity to race.
    usual betatester don't need to send mp

Cheers.

5. AceLain

AceLain Registered

arg, I would be interested but I already have a 4hours sebring race with V0.930

6. yoss

yoss Registered

good race acelain !!

7. yoss

yoss Registered

10 places left for tonight private race

8. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Hi Yoss,
    Have been following this thread fairly well and there are definitely vehicles being under utilized by all of you. The Z4, Ferrari and Z06 are 3. So I don't waste my time and everyone elses who are a fan (rightly so) of the Apex mods, what is your criteria for anyone wishing to assist with the development of your mod, re making it a competitive six car squad instead of 3... I am fully aware the very good drivers can drive any of these cars to their limits and be relatively competitive. I include myself in the many who simply can't but would like to. From what I have to date achieved within the hdv files it is not beyond possibility that simple suspension damping range errors and possibly sway bars being terribly under utilized is a most likely issue that can be easily resolved. Aero issues, being uniform in a single class would most likely be beneficial as they are a critical component of any car series. Even the damned difficult to drive quickly porsche, is a capable car in the right hands but is seriously flawed for those with much less talent, even the talented have issues with it. There is a ridiculously good flat 6 about. My point is, I am suspension savvy but if my time is simply wasted in trying to assist development I'd rather know that you have it in train with others than waste my time and keep it all in house ( with probable continuing flaws) despite unqualified help available if required, to the point of simple proof reading to eliminate errors. My time is valuable, but time can be made for good things. It is a worthy project, self importance is immaterial in the big picture. Yoss...cudos on your graphics, physics guy, just ask matey... the end result is the key. I want to drive your cars, the good cars are boring, the fun cars are slow...happy medium guys, unless all you want is the elite to play.

Get it right, if the physics match your graphics, this post would NOT exist.

Allan

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

For the next version, we are working on a complete rework from zero for all the physics, but it will take it's time.

The Z06 is one of the better performing cars of V 0.93.

Cheers.

10. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

That says it all, thank you.

11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thank you. I'm really in love with the current version. It's great to see people have the will to make something great even greater. Thank you apex.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

12. yoss

yoss Registered

13. yoss

yoss Registered

sls and 799 pace updated . next car is the z4 .this week we begin to work on the open differentiel way like ISI do on his camaro gt3 car .
    for the league and specials endurance events:
    we follow the two 12 h Bathurst with the two win of the z06 and the very fast mp4's ,1 h and 10 m without change tyres , same thing with the sebring 4 h , fast z06 and mp4 and 1 h 10 m without tyres changes, we surely don't touch the physics of those two car .may be improve the damage system and stand repair
    at the end for the next version the old setup can be used and the b.o.p will be improved .
    no new car for the moment

14. 19stevo84

19stevo84 Registered

hey does anyone know what you name the wing file for custom skins,i am trying to get the 977 porsche spoiler in game but dont know what to name it.
    cheers steve

15. redapg

redapg Registered

"...altwing" don't works?

16. 19stevo84

19stevo84 Registered

no i have tried altwing_alt.dds and a few others in that sequence i may be naming them the wrong way could you give me an example my car body file is named 799_alt.dds
    cheers steve

17. redapg

redapg Registered

Try 799_altwing.

18. 19stevo84

19stevo84 Registered

top man worked a treat any idea what the windows would be named im guessing something like 799_altwindows.dds .?
    cheers steve

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

either that or 799_altwindow

20. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Free hint for BMW Z4 drivers, taken from a very good driver (one of our beta testers, Bumble not to cite him).

This car works better with low rear wing values, 1 is not a kamikaze choice, adjust setup accordingly, you'll get a better tyre wear.

Cheers and have fun racing.