Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Please do it =/

2. yoss

yoss Registered

very good fight alpha bravo , a great fun moment

3. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I only blew up my engine because it was to boring at the front :cool:

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Would it possible, to show the engine % on the car lcd/hud? Anyone around, who knows a tool/plugin, wich shows the % of the engine health?

5. Isosceles Kramer

Isosceles Kramer Registered

Thanks, that would be appreciated.

I could help with some testing starting March (as I'm quite busy through Feb), if you guys still need some help.

6. yoss

yoss Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
  7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

8. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Can anybody confirm whether or not the 997 GT3-R really ran that "loose" of a differential? I didn't think it was bad driving around Sebring. Did a race at Mills Outerloop and holy crap was inside-rear wheelspin a problem! I know I've got lots of freedom available with preload, but too much and turn-in starts to suffer.

9. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

It doesn't. Not sure what happened to this mod since 0.88 when values were spot on.

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

That we asked a real life Porsche driver and racer to setup those values.

Cheers.

11. lordpantsington

Cool to hear you've got a lead on data, but wouldn't asking a mechanic or car engineer be better?

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Who knows ? But the physics are not encrypted, so yourself, or a league can easily change those values.
    As is, I enjoy a lot driving the 799.

Cheers.

13. yoss

yoss Registered

When made you send to us, we pass the thing to the driver and tester and we see .

14. lordpantsington

No need to send anything, just roll back to 0.88 when values for many things were in line with data from Porsche Motorsport. I'm sure there are things you don't have solid data for which could then be tweaked to appease driver/tester.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

We thought very erroneously, I realize it now, that we could do what we thought was best with our mod during our free time.

As you say, just do it!

Roll back to version 0.88, and enjoy your racing.

Cheers.

16. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

^ This.

A quick search on Google will get you a link to Flying Lizard MS 997 GT3-RSR marketing stuffs. It doesn't go *too* deep into setup, but does specifically specify a 45%/65% locking differential (power/coast). As far as preload, I did find the 'official' documents from Porsche Motorsport for the 991 generation GT3 Cup car. Static preload on the differential is set at 75kg. I wouldn't imagine the GT3-R would stray too far from those.

http://www.carreracup.com.au/sites/default/files/2015 991 Cup_Technical Manual V2.pdf <-- Yes, it's for the 991 GT3 Cup car (and we're discussing the 997 GT3-R), but the two chassis aren't so different to require totally different setup methods for a differential. We're still talking about a car with the engine hanging off the back of the rear axle. ;-)

17. lordpantsington

45%/65% is in every document I can find in reference to the tech. specs. of the 997GT3R MY12 onward.

For the 2016 cup that preload was increased to 100 Nm. Yes that is 991, and honestly I'm not sure I'd trust it outright, but if you lack anything better...it's a good educated guess. The tranny as well as the chassis for the 991 is very different to 997, you'd be better off supplementing with 996 data.

I figured this discussion would come up, so I preemptively messaged a GT3R driver/owner. His reply was something along the lines of, "I just drive it." Of all the owner/drivers I've asked for hard data that is a very common response. Most all have shops, the shops are the ones with the knowledge of the inner working and setup info, and most of the time shop are unresponsive to inquiry. Anyways he forwarded my question to his guy and I got a reply. ~115Nm new. Seems correct in comparison to the 991 Cup info since you'd have an increase in torque going from 3.8L Cup to 4.0 GT3R. FWIW I've also seen 997 Cup regs. state that 60Nm is the minimum locking before a diff is considered worn.

18. simonslj1

simonslj1 Registered

Hi

having had a quick look at the 2012 Cup data - that one states check the basic locking torque: "A basic torque of between 90 Nm - 135 Nm should be achieved.
    Wear limit < 60 Nm" So LP's 115/60 Nm is sa close as. Also I agree with LP that they all say 45%/65%

Cheers

Si

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Apex Modding GT3 mod (0.930)

thank you for posting this informations folks [emoji106]

20. yoss

yoss Registered

we have begin the update of the mod , just debugging the little thing who stay ,centering view on some cars , a bip of b.o.p on 799 and sls etc etc .
    we still debating on differential and still working on compounds
    don t expect a quick release