Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Increasing caster makes for firmer steering. It gives more negative camber to the outside wheel, but positive camber to the inside wheel.

Really, though, since these cars have power steering in real life, it's all about how you interpret their FFB.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Caster is in one of the latter pages on the Garage page. I do agree the FFB is light but that is remedied by adding 2-3º of caster, but the FFB itself is more informative than soooooooooooo many other cars/mods around.

3. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Sorry if this has been answer many time before... I'm confused on the difference between this mod (AM_FIAGT3_2012_0928.rar) and the mod at apex-modding.com (Apex_Modding_FIAGT3_P1.zip)? Both are "Apex Modding". I "assume" the mod here is a more current version by the Apex team but not sure why the Apex web site makes no mention of this.

4. yoss

yoss Registered

p1 is the rfactor 1

928 is rfactor2

5. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Ahh, I wonder why there's no mention on the Apex web-site. Thanks

6. yoss

yoss Registered

we don't modify the web site and add a rfactor2 thing.later surely .

for the moment we have valided the modified sls , the default setup is more "easy " to drive , the ia is very competitive

in the same way we just begin the work on the z06 ,for the 799 with a real driver

7. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I love this mod but there is some lightning issu in the Mclaren that is a bit off putting.
    View attachment 18505
    Will this be addressed in a later update?

Thanks for a great mod so far! Much fun has been had so far :)

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You mean the white dots, switching on and off depending on the angle of the sun? It's the "specular T1" shader which creates these strange flickering specular reflections.

@yoss
    I have seen this shader (specular T1) on some parts in all cars. I would suggest to change the shader to "specular map T1" and add a simple spec map.

9. yoss

yoss Registered

yes ok no problem

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

FINALLY figured out why the headlights don't work for the 458. :D The headlight instance (458gt3_headlights.gmt) had the same name as the glow instance (hlglo_DS.gmt). Both were named HLIGHTDS.

[​IMG]

The Z4, SLS, MP4-12 and 458 are almost done from what from what I had on my list. The 799 still has this strange reflection bug, otherwise it's ready. After a deep look into the files I have say that this mod is an impressive piece of work. Meshes, textures, materials, all top notch and with love for detail.

11. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

That's why this is the best GT mod, congrats guys!!

12. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Thank you guys for one of the best mods for Rfactor 2. Has any one done a skin pack for this mod or are there any custom skins available if so can someone please point me in the right direction to get them cheers

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

And your top notch skills and attention to detail are making it even better!!

14. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Did you notice my comment in post #1296?

EDIT: Took the time to do a quick test. At least for me the reflection seems fixed with a different cube map (used CUBE_SKIN.DDS in this case)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
  15. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I tried different cube maps, normal maps, skins, etc... The result is always the same. It looks ok from the side (sometimes), but when you have a big reflected object behind the car, like a tree or a building and look at the front of the car (tv cam) you see the reflection is heavily distorted. I tried it with the other cars of the mod and they don't have this strange reflection. I'm a 3dsmax noob, but from what I see, I would say all normals have an additional angle of 30-45 deg in direction to the front of the car, but it can't be, because the specular reflection makes use of the same normals and has not this distortion/wrong position.

16. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Hm...I opened the model in Blender (from a 3DSimEd exported DAE and FBX) and only found normals which are correctly orientated. Anyhow this could be a result of the export/import procedure on my side.

I had a look at the bumpmap and found a very strange looking texture. I than replaced it with a very simple bump texture and found much clearer/better reflections. Anyhow this wasn't the solution. Strange!

But I know saw what you are talking about; It looks like the reflection is zoomed very much in larger distances or from some angles:
    [​IMG]
    and if the car comes closer the reflections flip to correct reflections:
    [​IMG]

OK...I would say: Challenge accepted! :cool:

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Nice! :D

The bump map looks strange but adds a nice wavy effect to the car paint at close distances (bonnet view).

18. yoss

yoss Registered

a new player enter the game ?

Tosch : do you touch /change something on the mas file of each car ? in that case pass me the modified thing , i want begin the change on the specular t1 shader.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
  19. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

You never could have enough :D

And what should I say!? I found the issue :D

Commenting out the following lines the reflection issue disappears and vice versa.
    Code:
    MeshFile=rgt3_undershad.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False AmbientObject=(True,Texture)
    MeshFile=rgt3_collision.gmt Render=False CollTarget=True HATTarget=False LODIn=(0) LODOut=(200)

So I guess there is something very wrong with both GMT. On first sight they look very different to the standard ISI stuff...so maybe changing them accordingly would fix the whole issue!

20. yoss

yoss Registered

ok i take a look on 3ds max