Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello Apex Modding great team!!

I am having sound issues with latest RC update namely on the Bentley and z4 so far

do you confirm?a fix on the way if so?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

give them a break, S397 hasn't nailed down anything yet. If you want to use the Apex cars, go back to the normal NONE version in the beta tab

3. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

again, my only intention of posting this message was for awareness. I love AM work on this GT3 pack and other stuff they do on RF2 mods so certainly not an attempt from my side to put any sort of pressure here.

Magus likes this.
  4. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

We don't know when things will be final and when needed documentation (or whatever else) will be made available. For now, the best thing to do is to run the public build instead of release candidate. We will be reviewing feedback on all of our content to then plan an update - though it would be nice if it's only these two cars being affected.

Rogger, atomed, vava74 and 3 others like this.
  5. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Its understandable

Please take your time, love you guys work so wont be disappointed anyway

6. Forcer77

Forcer77 Registered

is there any way to make windshield transparent??? I have played your mod with Porsche 997 (the most fun car to drive for me) and for some unknown reason you made Porsche's windshield somehow dull and pale... it looks terrible and completely ruins visual while driving with cockpit view :mad: almost unplayable for me with such windshield...I would like to make it transparent or just remove it

7. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

This is due to S397 completely changing the shader settings and locking out the ability to tweak them like before. You can actually adjust this yourself by making a new windshield in DDS file that has a completely black alpha channel.

vava74 likes this.
  8. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

It is as Tnadz explained above. Due to real life plus newer mod commitments, the 2012 GT3 mod is in the back of a long list of items to be completed first. We are, however, open to community assistance to providing quality of life updates to things that have been broken by core updates since their "final" releases.

Emery, VirusGR42, Rogger and 4 others like this.
  9. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Bump
    any chance to work on a sound fix? I dont drive the Bentley anymore because of the awful screetching distrosion sound.
    others cars are fine now though
    thansk a lot!

vava74 likes this.
  10. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

hello
    sorry to bring this back but I cant get the bentley to sound nowhere near normal.

tried to play with legacy settings as you can see in the attachment but no joy.

anyone here who could give some suggestion because I love this cars pack so much,I genuinely think its the best handling mod out there but this horrible cracking sound is killing the experience.

again,its mainly the bentley, other cars sound as they should as far I can tell

thanks a lot

Attached Files:

11. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Nobody else using these cars?
    Is apex modding Group gone?

12. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Hello, we're not gone but we're unable to have a look at this right now, and it may unfortunately be quite a while. Our current spare time is spent on the 1999 Le Mans mod. We welcome community assistance to update things that stopped working with core engine updates.

13. vava74

vava74 Registered

They are not gone and they would appreciate a coffee here and there... or a more steady Patreon support.
    We all share the same passion and should thank Modders with more than just words, at least every now and then, so they keep their motivation and have access to the resources needed to do their work.
    :)

14. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

We had another look at this and for some reason, the Bentley's audio is the only one we're not able to adequately convert to the new audio requirements, even using @redapg 's tool. We're open to suggestions/assistance.

vava74 likes this.
  15. redapg

redapg Registered

It's only for the Bentley.
    I wanted to help, to get the Sounds sound better and so i tried to import them into Audacity, which i use to convert the Sound Files to Mono now.
    But Audacity wasn't able to load them, because of an unknown Format.
    But they all have the wav Extension.
    So i converted all of them with an online Tool (https://online-audio-converter.com) to *.wav again and also to Mono.
    And that did fix the Problem as you can hear in the below Video.
    So there is probably something wrong with the original Files, that they have an improper wav Format, that sounds bad in rFactor.
    Here are the new Files: Download

BTW There are some Sound Files missing (Message Popup in DevMode).

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Noob question, where do I put this? I have the Apex_Modding FIA GT3 cars installed from workshop but can't find the same named 'AM_bentleyGT3_sound' file from your YT vid. Thanks.

vava74 likes this.
  17. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@sherpa25 I dont have the car installed, but I think you have to replace the wav files in the sound mas file.
    But if its through steam, then steam will probably overwrite it when it checks files.
    @redapg is just showing how to fix it. Give apex time to fix it, with this solution.

pascom, sherpa25 and vava74 like this.
  18. redapg

redapg Registered

As @ThomasJohansen has written already, be patient, i'm pretty sure that Apex Modding will fix it soon.

pascom, sherpa25 and vava74 like this.
  19. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

20. yoss

yoss Registered

We plan to update the mod , a update come soon for our patreon subscriber and betatester before public release .

VirusGR42, vava74, Forcer77 and 7 others like this.