Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Absolutely well done. Now I know what to do all the weekend.
    If S397 is going to update their lighting system, will you update it to this standard?
    I don't know if it's necessary, because it's still one of the best looking car mods out there.
    Thanks again for all your hard work :)

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'll pass on this one but will be looking forward to the new GT3 cars and Spa ;)

3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Try it ..cars has a good feel

4. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Unless the update breaks our mod, we will keep focusing on the next content after a break to recharge our batteries. It seems they will adopt a compromise reasonable enough to accommodate existing content so our mod should be safe for the leagues that will be using it for their championships.

A lot of the current work was done by trial and error and through partnership with other modders to discover facets of recent updates, so it's really only speculation to try and guess how updates will affect us and others, or whether there will be available documentation and updated assets shared with the public. We want to maintain our mods fully functional and to keep supporting rFactor 2 and are very open to direct communication with Studio 397.

Emery, Max Dralle, bwana and 6 others like this.
  5. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I raced Z4 and after the update it's much closer to S397 GT3 cars in therms of handling. Previously Apex and GT3 Pack cars where on the opposite end of spectrum in therms of handling difficulty(Apex too difficult and GT3 Pack too easy, especially after latest tire update). Now Z4 is much easier to drive the, has better traction, much less oversteer (when braking before turn in) and overall more "stable" and predictable at high speed corners. I think this is a good thing since GT3 shouldn't be hard to drive(unless you really drive at and over the limit) . Still lap times are too fast, at least with Z4 I easily do 2:15 on Spa(rip from AC) and I'm average driver. I think it has something to do with too high top speeds/low drag (although after the update they are little lower).

@ApexModding - Congratulations and Thanks for this great mod!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

On that regard, I hope the newer GT3 cars are being developed with BOP in mind with official GT3 cars in terms of lap times and pit stop times.

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Many versions ago, I was getting this issue depending on seat position. It might be related to that and camera clipping planes.

8. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

To prevent more repetition of posts trying to cover the same topic, such as post #2752 and #2767, we will do our work based on reality and not dependent on factors outside our control. In our extensive communication regarding our GT3 mod's release, we brought up balance of performance multiple times. We can account for our work and have done so, and our cars are quite balanced although for finer tuning according to the circuit you run may be needed, however over a few 12-24hr endurance races, our cars were put through a lot and laptimes, gaps, and race performance were extremely satisfactory after we implemented and further tested our tweaks. There have been multiple posts with feedback on official content which we don't need to bring up.

Our default setups have changed, also as previously stated, so the cars are immediately more accessible. We took competitive setups used in races and barely modified them in a few occasions. With enough practice you should be able to lap within the same second in all cars, or even same tenth. But enough talking, the mod is freely available for all to try and put the cars through their paces. And sub 2:13 laptimes in Spa are very achievable.

Nitrometh, Max Dralle, bwana and 3 others like this.
  9. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Regarding the graphical issues in VR, here is a quick example (not had time to look over all the cars).
    2018.10.04-22.21.png 2018.10.04-22.21_01.png

Looking at the car in swingman, everything looks ok, but in VR cockpit cam is not showing anything under the bonnet, so you can see through a big gap at the bulkhead right through to the road.
    I imagine this is some sort of sorting issue, possibly relating to performance and not showing things that don't need to be shown, so should be a relatively easy fix?

I'm happy to look over the rest of the cars for any other VR related issues if it will help.

Massive improvement in the mod overall, the new tires are really nice, and it bodes very well for the new content.

10. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

If it's your driving position, it's a weird one. The cars are working well in the driving position they were designed for. The easy fix is on your end, as no one else has this problem.

11. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Its absolutely nothing to do with mine or anyone elses driving position. Its an issue with parts of the car 3d not being rendered in cockpit cam.
    You can see it even on monitor, by raising the seat up high.

Certainly, on a monitor in the normal driving position you won't notice it, as it is hidden by the dash.
    But in VR, it doesnt work like this. Your driving position and view is not static, so you can see the missing parts clearly and it spoils what is otherwise a great experiance in VR.

I would suggest i'm certainly not the only person with this issue, but hopefully other VR users can confirm what i'm seeing on the Merc?

12. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

One VR user wants low details because his computer can't cope with VR otherwise. One VR user wants to see the back of the car, because you know, it's absolutely normal to stop and watch behind while racing. One VR user wants to be able to walk around the car. Etc, etc...
    VR users want a lot of things. You can't please anybody.

If you use a track or a car outside the way it was meant to be, you'll always find issues. Again, the problem is with your driving position.

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Yes, I am confirming I've reported this issue more than 2 years ago I think. Slightly adjusting seat pos helps, but it is a workaround.

TheMattyOnline likes this.
  14. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I assume you don't use VR?

And, again, it's nothing to do with driving position.
    It has nothing to do with details, or having a good or bad PC.
    It has nothing to do with wanting to look behind the car or walk around it.

It is parts of the 3d of the car not being rendered in the cockpit view, that in VR is very noticeable.
    This can be quite easily fixed, and i'm trying to help make the mod better for all users, but specifically VR users.

I think this may end up going round in circles, so i will leave it there and hopefully this can be looked at in the future.

One other really nitpicky thing though, and a pet hate of mine (that also only shows in VR) is the drivers feet not aligned to the pedals.
    Minor, but noticeable.

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  15. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

First off, thanks a lot this awesome update!

Once more, you guys lifted the bar for top of the notch quality mods and surpassed yourselves again.

:)

In regards to "seat position", I also noticed that pushing it all the way back, there are parts of the actual seat that become partly visible. So we cannot adjust the seat itself, but the camera position only.

Is there an easy way to fix it ?

I'm a rather tall guy and it just feels wrong, when I sit too close to the steering wheel.

Driving the Camaro, I noticed some strong blooming in the cockpit, when the sun lights it in certain angle. As if it was still a DX9 car.

Is that how it's meant to be ?

However, thanks again for your time and effort. This is one of the best mods out there.

Keep it up!
    Max

16. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

look at you, AM . . . you have certainly made it difficult for those behind you to follow up . . . knocked it so far out of the park that NOW, we've got to move the park !!
    for me, speed means nothing without control, & this mod was a challenge for me to control, seemingly very setup sensitive. additionally my FFB settings were too strong, making this mod a bit more like work than fun. Well, that has changed significantly, & after running a hundred laps (wife was screaming "We have to GO!!" about half the time) you have sufficiently pegged the fun meter. my problem is How do I get out of the Bentley ?? there's still Sebring, Zandvoort, ooo . . . that old Mosport is around here too . . .

ApexModding likes this.
  17. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Thanks Apex team for this mod!
    It was,it is and will be the highlight of what a good mod should be.
    Hard work and countless hours of testdriving plus many hours of "real"racing in P1 endurance races guarante the quality and depth of all the cars.
    Looking forward to your new projects!

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thank you guys. Can't stop racing the z4 gt3 :)

19. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Yes awesome job on the tire updates.

Can't wait to see the new content now.

20. yoss

yoss Registered

ty all for the good word , we are happy that you like the 1.0.
    TheMattyOnline : you driving position is very strange , way too high it s seem , head is on the cockpit roof ,but we have seen your screens , if something seem need to be updated we do it later.
    Camaro Skins from Gui lite are done
    Someone have try rain tyres ?