Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. yoss

yoss Registered

to be honest , before the 660 build we are ready to launch the two new car, but b660 introduce two problems with the packaging system or the two problem exist before so we have the rework a bit the mod for release the two cars.

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thanks for the update yoss, looking foward to the release!

3. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

This makes me :D

4. duko

duko Registered

is there a way to set a different FOV just for this car/mod? sorry i'm noob :)

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I installed this mod again after a while, and man, what did I miss over that time! I posted about the same here before, but just want to repeat how absolutely faboulus I find this car to drive and thank the makers for all their hard work. The car is so enormously well drivable and the ffb is perfect for me. I read some complaints about the latter earlier in this thread, but personally can't see where these come from. I'm on a T500 here at 60% of strength, no damping or spring, and STM at 0.02. The feeling is about perfect, no big jolts or rattles, but only a nice complete translation of the forces and road feel. This currently makes it my favorite mod and makes me very eager to test the porsche later on. Keep up the good work guys!

EDIT: ow yeah, to add about the ffb: I also regard this mod to have the best mix of feeling for the rear and front ends of the car, probably caster related? The steering is heavy enough for a good feeling of the rear and understeer can still be felt at all circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014
  6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

what ffb multi do you use?

Any ETA for the additional cars?

7. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

in-game multiplier at 1.00

8. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I'm not sure to be honest, but you do know you can map FOV and seat adjustments to your keyboard? This makes it a breeze to make make changes while in car.

9. Jul

Jul Registered

Hi,

Any progress on the packaging of the 2 other cars ?

10. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Its possible that Yoss could be waiting for the next build as the last build 660 brought up a problem for them, it's worth the wait if the SLS is any thing to go by.

Maybe some screen shots Yoss, please. :D ;)

11. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Well, I am making a few more corrections to physics parameters than I initially thought I will do at this point. Sorry for delay, but I am short on time and I can only do those things on weekends (and Yoss was also busy recently).

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  12. yoss

yoss Registered

the b660 have 2 strange problem .
    1 the sounds
    actually the sls gt3 sound is on fiagt3/sls (v 0.87 of the mod)
    we add the two new car without any kind of problem on the b598 . sounds are still in the same folder and we have a common.mas with the shared sounds.
    on the b600 this way work fine with the sls , and not for the two new cars , we check the sfx and don't find anykind of problem, the sounds work fine on the sdk b600 and not on the normal game...and we don't know why

2 : gt3 mod have a common mas file named gt3_cmaps.mas .

this file is on installed /vehicules/fiagt3 and sls gt3 work fine , for the new new car , we have a error reading gt3.cmaps.mas .we check the .gen file and don't find anykind of problem, the cars work fine on the sdk b660 and not on the normal game .

so may be we wait the next build (and we hope isi debugg the problem ) or may be we repack the 3 cars with a different way ,we actually have one build of the mod who don't work bad , but we can't respect with this build the normal way ( sounds in sounds /fiagt3 and one folder by car , same thing for the cmaps.mas who need to be share by all the actual and futur car of the mod )

we think isi change something on the packaging system , may be they post the news somewhere and we surely miss her

baked bean want some screens i think too so ..

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  13. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks for the update Lesiu and Yoss, I wish I could help you work out the problems but my knowledge is zero when it come to packaging mods, maybe someone with experience on the matter can give some guidance after reading your problem in details, there's some very helpful chaps around here ☺

Thanks for the screen shots Yoss, seeing that merc side by side next to the Porsche made my hung over morning I like the glare effect on the Porsche's head lights

14. yoss

yoss Registered

please remember , it s a RGT3 car .

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You have the same problem I asked here to ISI without any answer from ISI (no support to modding teams from ISI on this forum since too long time :( ).
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...en-vehicles-without-duplicate-them?highlight=

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Has anyone taken the Merc around Monza, Nuerburg or Silverstone and compared times to the real GT3 Merc? How do they stack up on the stop watch?

17. baked bean

baked bean Registered

No ive not compared as of yet Guy, Lesilu mentioned the physics are still being adjusted and also the car set up values too. Once the mod is nearer the final version it will be interesting to look at for sure. :D

18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

When in doubt run Process Monitor.
    Set a filter for rF2.exe and "show file system activity" and find the locations where rF2 is trying to open the mas file.

19. yoss

yoss Registered

we know the answer, no need to run the process monitor .
    game try to read shared sounds in core folder ...same problem with the shared texture mas.

visibly, isi is aware of the problem , may be on the next build they correct the thing... may be

20. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

yoss, any chance we will see the 288GTO in rFactor2? It was my favorite in rFactor!