Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. mittenes

mittenes Registered

Nice news to read !
    I am looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store :).
    BTW, I ran a few laps earlier today on the Z4, and it feels much better now.

Hazi likes this.
  2. benborp

benborp Registered

And the same happened again in a league race at Magny Cours. After pitting the handling went haywire in the same, now unmistakable manner - although this time the mix-up wasn't represented graphically.
    Last night during the league race at Spa during every single session the McLaren could be seen to be wearing Milestones on the front and Michelins on the rear from the start. Changing set-ups, changing tyres, pitting, running default set-ups, leaving the server - nothing made a difference.
    I'm not particularly invested in finding a solution as I won't be running in the McLaren again, but mention this in case there is an identifiable bug that is in danger of being carried forward into future versions of the mod.

SRGP likes this.
  3. yoss

yoss Registered

Two time reported, so we need to try to reproduce for debugg, TY for the feedback

4. benborp

benborp Registered

I have only encountered the problem at on-line events and only on race day. We have been sharing pit-boxes.

5. yoss

yoss Registered

Some ingame screens of the next gt3 car who join the mod .
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Max Dralle, MarcG, Lars and 23 others like this.
  6. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

That looks very nice

7. philman

philman Registered

Christmas gift???

8. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Well, we did our last race of the season at Spa and for the first time I thought I'd actually do the Bentley some justice by putting in some decent testing.
    The only reason I participated after the first two rounds was to represent this car having come out when no one else seemed interested, no hunger for success from me.
    After some bad performances resulting from my half-assed attempts (read:jump into a race with minimal practice) I did some good work on the chassis at last.
    My good result was more down to an overall solid performance rather than outright pace.
    I don't know how to say this...
    ...oh well, I was 2.3secs down on my Camaro's bone-braking pace on the same track from the previous season and a whopping 2.7 secs down on fastest lap, which the Camaro had set comfortably without hurting it's tires or anything.
    No tire change involved in both cases.
    The Bentley was so stable through Eau Rouge that I was able to reaaaally crank down the wing with no ill effects, finally resulting in some light at the end of the tunnel for this car, highest top speed of all.
    However, and this is the worrying part, this is the slowest accelerating of them all, and by some margin.
    Coming out of every corner next to another car onto a decent straight you stand to lose even two car lengths before the straight is over.
    And there's rarely a huge straight like at Spa available to save you by pulling something back at the end of it, not that it would make much difference.
    This would put this car at a clear disadvantage on most tracks, losing bucket-loads of time on anything resembling a straight.

Obviously this car has been thoroughly tested before launched and BoP'd by your test team and fellow racers so I am really at loss to explain my experiences so far in it.
    I have decided I will drive it next season as well though because,well, someone has to do it and I like a different challenge to keep me interested.
    But if you have had different experiences than me please do say so, it's quite possible I am missing something about this car and if my above comments are all wide off the mark then I'd like to hear some feedback!:)
    I have not commented on the handling, at first I felt it was boring but after working on the car with performance in mind I can say it is a friendly and sweet handling car, I like it.

marmagas likes this.
  9. yoss

yoss Registered

one exempl of how p1gaming push the car in test

10. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

This is Spa, not Road Atlanta !

11. yoss

yoss Registered

Road Atlanta is the publicity about the next race in P1gaming , and yes the track is Spa for sure :)

12. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I am curious to ask if the cars are tested and balanced with driver aids as IRL, that is TC and ABS.
    Because we do not use any driver aids and that always complicates things when it comes to BoP in GT3, same with the official GT3s.

13. yoss

yoss Registered

TC and ABS on low for the tests

Corti and Christos Segkounas like this.
  14. yoss

yoss Registered

working a bit today with some help on the rain stuff :
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

That really looks awesome, yoss... :)_ <- that was supposed to be a xenforo-smilies-drool.png

Thx for sharing (and teasing) !

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Silverstone's my go-to for testing, and then I go to Bathurst to really hammer the car.

17. x2611

x2611 Registered

COA is a good choice but Istanbul isn't bad either. I use it often as a base setup for every car type. Only minor adjustments to Wings, Brake Bias and Fuel are required afterwards.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I like Suzuka very much. Barcelona and Silverstone are good for developing base setups but I find both such an uninspired chore to drive.

19. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

@yoss any news on the Audi release, depending on how it compares to the Ferrari, SpeedyMite Racing might make the switch to the Audi, guessing it will be out well before the next p1 race in March?

Road Atlanta was a freaking epic event!!!

yoss and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  20. yoss

yoss Registered

For the moment we still made b.o.p on her and others car of the mod .rain things are partially implemented so
    may be we release the mod update without the full rain things done .In february ,march we have a lot of work with f2018 stuff and after with one another little surprise .
    i follow on the stream the road altalnta race , i see the fight between the z4 and the 997 and yes what a race !!
    Fight everywhere , action anytime !!
    Adam the z4 driver winner of the race help us on testing .

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018