Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. yoss

yoss Registered

Bentley cockpit done
    [​IMG]

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Sweet! :D

3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Wonderful!

4. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Nice one Yoss .

5. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

6. Magus

Magus Registered

After watching some of Spa 24 really looking forward to trying out the M6 & Bentley. I thought the Bentley #8 was unlucky to not get podium finish. Great race all round.

7. Shadow Explorer

Shadow Explorer Registered

And I'm happy M6 took it :p
    also here's a small something.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Quick question: the louvres on the Vette in bonnet view have the annoying reflection problem we see on so many rF2 cars--the road surface is reflected on to a surface that has solid objects or structure between it and the road. Is this an issue that the team will get around to fixing, or is it a general rF2/ISI issue that could get fixed (or not) in the engine and then all the cars plagued with this would be corrected?

Thanks for info.

9. yoss

yoss Registered

when i come from vacation i intend to look at all the little problems that remain , the one you describe too .after i surely jump into M6 .
    i don't know if the problem you describe is rf2 limit or bad rendering way we made

10. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

How much fuel does AI start with? Is it track dependent? I want to make AI pit at around the same time I do, but I do not want to force fixed setup, because I race against whole class, not against the same car. So, I probably will tweak fuel usage multiplier for AI (AI fuel mult) :D but I need to know the value of their tank contents to do the math.

BTW, enjoying this mod a lot - thanks guys. Looking forward to new cars to add to GT3 family.

EDIT: Looks like AI fuel mult won't work because .hdv overrides it :( I see:
    FuelRange=(1.0, 1.0, 100)
    FuelSetting=40

in .hdv for Z4. Question is, how much fuel AI starts with, 100liters or 40? And, how much it will add per pit stop?

EDIT2: tried to cheat by switching camera to AI cars (to see tank contents), it is hidden :))

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  11. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Some ISI Camaro's that are assigned AMGT3 class, have solid color liveries (like gray one). Would it be possible to exclude those in future updates? Because it looks like road car racing along GT3 sport cars. I could create patch/update myself, but it is a real pain, especially since I'll need to redo that when new version comes out. Thanks!

12. yoss

yoss Registered

back from vacations !!

what car ??

yes it s possible

13. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

I think he mentioned the z4 yoss

14. yoss

yoss Registered

ah yes !!
    FuelConsumption=6.10E-05
    FuelEstimate=0.985

FuelRange=(5, 1, 96) //(5, 1, 131)
    FuelSetting=55
    NumPitstopsRange=(0, 1, 5)
    NumPitstopsSetting=3
    Pitstop1Range=(3, 1, 98)
    Pitstop1Setting=50
    Pitstop2Range=(3, 1, 98)
    Pitstop2Setting=50
    Pitstop3Range=(3, 1, 98)
    Pitstop3Setting=50

15. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Sorry for the confusion, I made an assumption that all .hdv for GT3 cars will have similar values. I drive SLS, but I looked into .hdv of Z4. The question still stands: how much fuel AI starts with? Is it full tank?

With the values above: AI will start with 96 liters or 55 liters? From driving observation, they do start with full, unless there's a bug in consumption.

Could someone please explain:
    FuelConsumption=6.10E-05 - is it liters per meter? Still a bit low, more like 10cm to make any sense...

:)
    I will check the cars and will respond with exact car that is pretty much looking like road car. I also vaguely remember there's Corvette like that - looks weird amongst sport cars. Would really appreciate if they got skinned or excluded (unless someone has objection?)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  16. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Aaaand, one more question - GT3 cars have Traction Control and ABS in real life, at least in some series. I saw mention of ABS/TC in garage (at the very bottom). Question is: for TC/ABS to work, do those aids need to be enabled in the Difficulty Option page, or car files override difficulty setting? Ideally, I would like to have aids only if they exist on a real car.

Automatic clutch only works if it is enabled in Difficulty page, that I know for sure, even if car is sequentially paddle shifted, but what about ABS/TC?

17. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

The AI starts with however much fuel they need to complete the race. In practice the first run they do is usually with a full tank and they stay out till they either run out of fuel or tires. Subsequent runs they vary their fuel loads. In qualifying they put in as much fuel as they are allowed laps.
    TK

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

18. yoss

yoss Registered

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Apex Modding GT3 mod (0.935)

Yoss clear your inbox [emoji6]. Can't pm you.

20. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Thanks for clarification regarding AI fuel use (and modding guide). Now it makes more sense to me how to plan races against AI.

Now, the car that I guess will be nice to exclude from AMGT3 is ISI Camaro#66 - it is solid metallic gray, and looks like a road car.