Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. babu76tsunami

babu76tsunami Registered

Me too, gtx 660 here

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z008D utilizzando Tapatalk

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

i found a minor small bug:

Car number is missing ;)

... and in the am_gt3_854.mas there is the rim.psd (458GT3_RIM.PSD), too

3. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

Hey Yoss, amazing job you are doing

Do you have any car list that you want to add on the mod

Regards

4. Manav

Manav Registered

5. andrea_274

andrea_274 Registered

Same here with R9 280

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

6. Manav

Manav Registered

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe it could be dependent to these values?

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

More than probable, Juergen-BY.

I did have a look to the SLS files some time ago, and I was dumb enough not to find an error and I was looking for this same type of error.

I have looked again after seing your post, and I found the error.

<HIGH> MeshFile=slsgt3_body_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(5.0) LODOut=(20.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=slsgt3_body_d.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(40.0) LODOut=(850.0) Reflect=NoLOD

In the 854 gen, the error you found appears more than once.

The Mc Laren body panels disapear too.

Found the following

<HIGH> MeshFile=mclgt3_body_d.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(5) LODOut=(20) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    //<HIGH> MeshFile=mclgt3_body_d.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(40) LODOut=(1000) Reflect=NoLOD

Last line is commented and I have to check wether it should be uncommented and adjusted, or the previous line adjusted.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
  9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Good finding!

10. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Lol, always thought that bug has nothing to do with LODs because that would be to obvious and APEX definitely already checked them...

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I won't laugh myself, there are many Lods, different for each graphic resolution, and important to get right for fps tuning, very difficult to adjust and not easy at all to get right.

This mod has many cars and I suppose that Apex Modding mods on it's free time, and has already devoted thousands of hours to it, so thanks again APEX.

If I have working gens I 'll send them, for your revision Yoss.

Cheers.

12. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I agree with all you have said but since this bug exists since several versions and carried over to other cars, I just thought they have checked the LOD in out values. Let's just hope they will fix it now.

BTW: with "for each graphic resolution" you mean the car detail setting? Because I don't think they are depending on resolution?

13. yoss

yoss Registered

We multiply check the gen and like you lgel we don t see the problem ��
    God...
    I m waiting for your gen lgel thanks for your time

14. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

How did you open the mas files? I thought they were all locked so no one could check unless you helped make the mod?

15. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is the gen file for the 799r. Can you check this too?

I think the second c mesh in the high car settings should be an f. The "ShadowReceiver=True" in the med car settings looks strange too.

Another topic are the reflection settings. What I see in all mods (ISI cars are no exception) is that the environment reflections for cars (wet road) don't work. Sometimes the car body reflection is not rendered and you see only the driver model and the safety cage. Sometimes you see the collision mesh with it's weird skin mapping. The reflection mapper seems to have trouble with LOD's.
    My proposal is to remove all "Reflect=True" entries from the gen file and add a new setting for the car body reflection. This could be the mesh with the lowest resolution (rgt3_body_f.gmt). There is no need to have a reflection of the cars interior on a wet road surface. It just overloads the reflection mapper. The only other thing that needs a reflection are the tires and rims.

The line for the environment reflection of the car body should look like this.

I have tried that with the Nissan 370z and it worked perfectly.

16. yoss

yoss Registered

interresting Tosch .can you show us the slot id section of your reworked nissan 307z ?

does the live mapping still working on the body after the modfication?

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

For my tests I have added a LODOFF tuning option, but it should work without that.

...and a video.

18. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

<MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_b.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(5.0) LODOut=(10.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) Reflect=True
    <MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(10.0) LODOut=(30.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) Reflect=True
    <MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_d.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(30.0) LODOut=(1000.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) Reflect=True
    <MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_e.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(100.0) LODOut=(200.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) Reflect=True

The D gmt should end at 100.0 Lodout not a 1000, that could be causing issues too.

19. yoss

yoss Registered

Tosch :is it correct right now ?

Instance=SLOT<ID>
    {
    Moveable=True
    //------------------------------------MAX CAR SETTINGS---------------------------------------------

<MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_a.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_b.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(5.0) LODOut=(10.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(10.0) LODOut=(30.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_d.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(30.0) LODOut=(100.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_e.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(100.0) LODOut=(200.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MAX> MeshFile=rgt3_body_f.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(200.0) LODOut=(500.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)

//------------------------------------HIGH CAR SETTINGS--------------------------------------------

<HIGH> MeshFile=rgt3_body_b.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=rgt3_body_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(5.0) LODOut=(50.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=rgt3_body_d.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(50.0) LODOut=(100.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=rgt3_body_e.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(100.0) LODOut=(200.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=rgt3_body_f.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(200.0) LODOut=(500.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)

//------------------------------------MED CAR SETTINGS---------------------------------------------

<MED> MeshFile=rgt3_body_d.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(10.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MED> MeshFile=rgt3_body_e.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(10.0) LODOut=(50.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MED> MeshFile=rgt3_body_f.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(50.0) LODOut=(500.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)

//------------------------------------LOW CAR SETTINGS---------------------------------------------

<LOW> MeshFile=rgt3_body_d.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <LOW> MeshFile=rgt3_body_e.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(5.0) LODOut=(50.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <LOW> MeshFile=rgt3_body_f.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(50.0) LODOut=(500.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)

MeshFile=rgt3_under.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(10.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    MeshFile=rgt3_underc.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(10.0) LODOut=(500.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    MeshFile=rgt3_cockpit_add.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(10.0)
    MeshFile=rgt3_pslights.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(500.0)

MeshFile=rgt3_undershad.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False AmbientObject=(True,Texture) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(500.0)
    MeshFile=rgt3_collision.gmt Render=False CollTarget=True HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)

MeshFile=rgt3_body_f.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0) LODOut=(250) Render=False ShadowCaster=False Reflect=True

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Locking good yoss. Will test this.