Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

I like that car, but we neet more wheels. The Dry Medium can have more grip.

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I have no words to explain the atmosphere in the cockpit of this car! How about the word "Exquisite". Highly enjoyable. You have accomplished something that I can't put my finger on.
    There is just something I cannot explain. Great job on this one.

3. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

A very nice mod but little bugs:
    - a little backlight issue in combination with the brakelight
    - a short moment (~0.5 sec) i've no engine sound (at ~3900 or 4000 u/min at full throttle in all driving perspectives)
    - in setup menu the green button "symmetric" is off, please put it on as standard
    - too much generally understeer? anybody can this confirm?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  4. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Thank you Apex Modding. ;)

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

yes!

6. philman

philman Registered

Thanks. Well done and this is only the beginning!!!!

7. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I'd love to share, I've been trying to DL this mod for 2 hours now.

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Thanks for this car!

One thing I noticed at first it was a very weak FFB in my CSW wheel, since there is no caster settings, I had to crank FFB Car Multi to 1.30-1.40 in control settings and Force in the wheel to 150, to get good feeling.

Than it became very nice to drive.
    And it looks very good.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The same with the G27! the ffb is very very weak even with Car Multi-1.3!

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Apex Modding GT3 mod

Yea, that's why I also needed to crank it up with wheel settings too, csw has nice Force setting that makes wheel stronger, heavier.

G27 doesn't have that unfortunatelly, and if you go beyond 1.40 multi, you will start getting lots of FFB clipping.

Higher caster setting would probably stiffen the wheel, but it's not available to change it.

13. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Higher caster is not the way to go, really as it's already high. You gain overall centering force from suspension geometry with higher caster but loose some feeling.
    It's fine to bump FF multi. It works in combination with MaxNominalSteeringTorque in HDV to set FF torque threshold (something like MaxForceAtSteeringRack parameter does with steering rack force in RealFeel).
    Yes, it will bring more clipping, as if I'd lower NominalMaxSteeringTorque but you can't really jump over the fact, those wheels doesn't have strong FF. When I had G25, typically I had set 1.5-2.0 FF Multiplier to get stronger FF. With CSW (which I also had) it was better but still typically I was using FF Mult 1.2-1.5. I will see what can be done but can't promise you miracles.

EDIT:
    If you guys feel the car understeers, adjust the car accordingly. Pick softer front anti-roll bar and/or stiffen the rear, The same with springs and dampers... those things are not locked in the setup, so you can tune the car to better suit you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  14. yoss

yoss Registered

just for information :

Today's release is not a final version. Because the sim is improving and changing from build to build, some things may come out and will need to be fixed.
    Also, we are aware there is still some room for improvements in both graphics and physics in our mod, so please expect updates released in the near future.

we release a 0.86 version of the car , who need improvements , it's a work in progress, some people seem to forget this thing

15. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

top work so far!
    feels pretty good with csw,
    thx

16. Miro

Miro Registered

Thx for the Mod, I like it very much. :)

I guess chassis flex is implemented? It feels like it is.

17. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

Of course we know! But I guess it's better to point out the flaws so it would be easier for you to know what has to be improved. Constructive criticism. :) We all appreciate your effort and we're all grateful for sharing your piece of art!

18. yoss

yoss Registered

yes no problem with this way , we want Constructive criticism !!

no chassis flex is not implemented

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
  19. pas74

pas74 Registered

It's a good mod.I made some lap with portugal track. ..the car is funny to drive and manageable Even if you can't use soft slick. ..phisics is very good...the cockpit looks great. .but i can't say the same for the car body exterior (colours and reflections), which looks washed out ..

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 utilizzando Tapatalk

20. FatCity

FatCity Registered

The first thing that I thought of after I downloaded the mod was great, some competition for the Camaro, with both being GT3s.
    I did a few laps in the Merc at Mid Ohio ( I always use this track, personally think its the best non ISI track around ) and thought hmmm, compared to the Camaro, this thing may have too much grip.
    But now I have done 2 x 20 lap races. one in either car and am now convinced that these 2 cars will provide some great online ( or offline if you prefer that ) racing.
    I have a setup that I have developed for my liking in the Camaro and I use it as a base at all tracks I use the car.
    With the Camaro I was able to do high 1.27s and it feels sort of just on the edge, great car to drive.
    Then I went in with the Merc, no setup as I haven't had time in it yet, although I did see some of the posts about understeer so I played with the rear bar and set my wheel lock.
    I couldn't believe it but the Merc felt a little slipperier than the Camaro. The setup has a lot to do with this and also the FFB is a bit lighter than the Camaro.
    I think I would play with that, because although theres good feedback in the car, I felt it had a tiny bit of RF1 feel to it.
    Again setup and FFB will fix this I,m sure as well as a few more garage options.
    But again I was able to do high 1.27s in this car as well.
    Now an alien is an alien and no matter what car they are in, they're going to win, but for the average league racers, these two cars are great together.
    I hope the other Apex cars are just as suited to these because I can see the makings of a top grade mod.
    thanks Apex, great stuff.